The Osun State House of Assembly on Friday passed the 2022 N109.8bn budget.
Newzandar News recalls that Governor Gboyega Oyetola, on November 10, presented the budget before the state legislative house.
During the presentation, Oyetola had tagged the budget: “Budget of Providence”, was dedicated to post-COVID-19 pandemic recovery.
The budget focused strongly on post-COVID-19 recovery with huge investments in the economy and a whopping sum of N1.4bn budgeted for Youth Development to address the issue of Youth restiveness in the state.
The passed budget has a total of N109,855,051,640 with the recurrent expenditure of N50,620,283,140,00 and capital expenditure, which stands at N59,234,768,500,00.
The budget is N9,69bn higher than the 82.2 billion naira 2022 budget signed by the governor in July.
While passing the bill, the Speaker, Hon. Timothy Owoeye charged the implementing Ministries and agencies not to dampen the morale of the Assembly by continually working hard to deliver on all the components of the budget.
- Ekiti: Fayemi signs 2022 appropriation bill of N109.7bn into law
- 20-year-old dragged to court over N109, 950 beer debt
- Makinde signs N268.8bn 2022 budget into law
- COVID-19: Gov. Lalong signs N122.8bn revised 2022 budget into law
- Obaseki signs N128.8bn revised 2022 Budget into law
- Ekiti Assembly passes 109.6bn 2022 budget
- Ogun Assembly passes 2022 budget
- Lagos Assembly passes N1.164trillion 2022 budget
- Niger Assembly passes local governments budget of N65.5 billion frowns at yearly IGR of N1 billion.
- Lagos Assembly passes Y2020 N920.47bn revised budget