We expect edgy style at New York Fashion Week — but this season, the whole thing was on-edge.
After the event wrapped last week, insiders told Page Six about the uneasy experience of taking part in a Fashion Week during a pandemic.
“We brought our own food because we didn’t trust eating catering that someone might have breathed on,” T. Cooper, owner of hair and make-up company Major Face told us, “No one could hear each other properly because they all sounded like mumbles under the mask.”
Cooper, who was the head hairstylist for retailer Flying Solo’s show, added, “It was super weird not being able to see each other’s facial expressions — and we prayed to God that the models were being responsible.”
The show was held on a Soho rooftop to make it safer. “It took a while to get to the rooftop because only four people at a time we’re allowed on the elevator,” she said, adding that some of the outfits on show were coordinated with masks. “It was really weird not being able to hug and kiss people as normal,” Cooper said, “I missed that.”
Meanwhile, seventeen-year-old model and designer Julia Corso, who walked in the hiTechMODA show at ReGen, told us, “It was kind of stressed out when the make-up girls were doing my eyes and lips and the touch-ups. I was worried if she used that lip on someone else.” She told us her mom even went to CVS to buy disposable make-up brushes and sponges, “just to make sure I only used it.”
She adds of the show, “We walked with no audience. It was so incredibly eerie. I think it really took away from the experience of Fashion Week. There were only 30 people allowed in a space between the models and makeup artists and the producers.” It was streamed online.
New York Post
- Wizkid fans blast Davido for congratulating Wizkid over ‘Made In Lagos’ album, See whyOctober 30, 2020Wizkid fans have taken to social media to tear Davido apart for congratulating their king over his ‘Made In Lagos’ album. Davido has congratulated ...[Read more]
- Wizkid Overlooks Davido’s tweet, Acknowledges Burna Boy, Yemi Alade, othersOctober 30, 2020Starboy Wizkid has again overlooked DMW boss, Davido’s show of love on social media. It should be recalled that earlier today, Davido took to ...[Read more]
- Popular Singer, Tiwa Savage Ignores Wizkid’s Newly Released Album, Made In LagosOctober 30, 2020Popular Singer, Tiwa Savage has ignored Wizkid’s newly released album, Made In Lagos. Starboy had on Friday released his long-anticipated ...[Read more]
- Wizkid’s MIL album will make our population increase, Says Footballer, Asisat OshoalaOctober 30, 2020Nigerian female footballer, Asisat Oshoala has showered acclaims on the superstar, Wizkid on the recently delivered album, Made In Lagos. The Super ...[Read more]
- Davido Compliments Wizkid On His New Album, Made In LagosOctober 30, 2020DMW boss, Davido has complimented Starboy Wizkid on his new collection, Made In Lagos, which dropped today, October 30. This is coming after one of ...[Read more]
- Apologize to Nigerians, Georgina Onuoha blast Desmond Elliot over the social media regulation sagaOctober 30, 2020Georgina Onuoha has angrily descended on Desmond Elliot over the social media regulation saga, after she was informed that, Desmond has already ...[Read more]
- Avoid the temptation of replying everything online, Zubby Micheal advises fansOctober 30, 2020Popular Nollywood actor Zubby Michael has taken to his social media page to caution all those who comment online adding that they would soon be ...[Read more]
- World Health Organisation insist hooligans attacked one of its offices in Nigeria on ThursdayOctober 30, 2020The World Health Organisation has said in a statement that some hooligans attacked one of its offices in Nigeria on Thursday, 29th October 2020, and ...[Read more]
- Desmond Elliot allegedly fathered a child with another woman without his wife’s knowledge, See details hereOctober 30, 2020Popular Nigerian actor and politician Desmond Elliot has allegedly fathered a child with another woman without his wife’s knowledge. Rumours ...[Read more]
- WizKid “Made In Lagos” gets 300 thousand views in the space of 3 hours(Pictures)October 30, 2020It is another win for internationally recognized Nigerian singer and songwriter Wizkid, as his much-anticipated album “Made In Lagos” has garnered ...[Read more]