We expect edgy style at New York Fashion Week — but this season, the whole thing was on-edge.
After the event wrapped last week, insiders told Page Six about the uneasy experience of taking part in a Fashion Week during a pandemic.
“We brought our own food because we didn’t trust eating catering that someone might have breathed on,” T. Cooper, owner of hair and make-up company Major Face told us, “No one could hear each other properly because they all sounded like mumbles under the mask.”
Cooper, who was the head hairstylist for retailer Flying Solo’s show, added, “It was super weird not being able to see each other’s facial expressions — and we prayed to God that the models were being responsible.”
The show was held on a Soho rooftop to make it safer. “It took a while to get to the rooftop because only four people at a time we’re allowed on the elevator,” she said, adding that some of the outfits on show were coordinated with masks. “It was really weird not being able to hug and kiss people as normal,” Cooper said, “I missed that.”
Meanwhile, seventeen-year-old model and designer Julia Corso, who walked in the hiTechMODA show at ReGen, told us, “It was kind of stressed out when the make-up girls were doing my eyes and lips and the touch-ups. I was worried if she used that lip on someone else.” She told us her mom even went to CVS to buy disposable make-up brushes and sponges, “just to make sure I only used it.”
She adds of the show, “We walked with no audience. It was so incredibly eerie. I think it really took away from the experience of Fashion Week. There were only 30 people allowed in a space between the models and makeup artists and the producers.” It was streamed online.
New York Post
- Long Island man accused of being a pedophile foot fetishist, ‘sextorting’ girlsIn USADecember 5, 2020A Long Island man was both a pedophile and a foot-fetishist, using social media to coerce pornographic selfies and photos of feet from more than a ...[Read more]
- IGP Orders Investigations Into Alleged Suit Touching On State Judicial Panel Of EnquiryIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Nigeria Inspector General Of police M.A Adamu has ordered an investigation into the alleged suit against the judicial panel set up by the state. ...[Read more]
- Top Male Nigerian Celebrities You Didn’t Know Are LawyersIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020There are some celebrities who have proved that being in the show business does not mean that one is intellectually deficient. Law is a “no go” area ...[Read more]
- “What a beautiful creature” – Regina Daniels’ rival, Chika Ike, melts hearts with her astonishing beauty (PHOTO)In Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Once upon a time, Chika Ike was rumored to be in a fierce struggle with Regina Daniels as it was believed that the former was interested in becoming ...[Read more]
- “Wahala For Who No Fine” – Destiny Etiko’s ‘killer Curves’ Gets Fans TalkingIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Destiny Etiko’s talent as an actress has never been in doubt but she also has another thing going for her which endears her the heart of many people. ...[Read more]
- “Sometimes I Feels Neglected by God, I’m Frustrated” – Ifu Ennada Pours Out Her Bitterness In LifeIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Former reality TV star, Ifu Ennada, has in a post sighted on her social media given her fans a scoop into the depression and frustrations that ...[Read more]
- BBNaija: Ozo’s Nengi Has Been Adjudged As The Most Marketable Female HousemateIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020All the former Big Brother Naija lockdown season 5 housemates are doing their very best to maintain their fame and brand after the show. – ...[Read more]
- “Pay No Mind To People Who Talk Smack About You” – Omotola Jalade Reveals How She Stays Ahead Of NaysayersIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has tasked her fans to ensure that they cloth themselves with the perfect attitude with regard to how they respond to ...[Read more]
- Laura Ikeji Reveals That Her ‘Huge Nyash’ Is A Natural Gift From Her Mama (Photo)In Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Nigerian fashion blogger and entrepreneur, Laura Ikeji, has hilariously said her curvy figure is not a result of plastic surgery but what her mama ...[Read more]
- The Sad End Of Former Footballer Kazeem Yebsaya After Playing With Legendary Stars Like Jay Jay Okocha And Nwankwo KanuIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020We have been able to lay our hands on the bitter end of one of our former footballers who plied his trade with legendary footballers like Nwankwo ...[Read more]