The Peoples Democratic Party and the Presidency have shared their different viewpoint of a video of APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole and the Chief of Staff to the President, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari having a discussion at the Presidential Villa on Monday August 17.
National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Kola Ologbondiyan in a statement released on Tuesday August 18, raised an alarm of an alleged plot by the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government to arrest some of its supporters ahead of the election.
Ologbondiyan also alleged that Oshiomhole and Gambari were allegedly planning a clampdown on certain unnamed Nigerians to achieve political suppression and submission ahead of the Edo election.
The statement read;
“Nigerians were alarmed by the video in which Oshiomhole was seen emphatically urging the Chief of Staff to Mr President on the need to clampdown on certain unnamed Nigerians to achieve political suppression and submission ahead of the Edo election.
“Our national campaign holds that the presence and involvement of the Chief of Staff to the President and the fact that the discussion held within the precincts of the Presidential Villa, have made the Presidency complicit and place a huge burden on President Muhammadu Buhari.”
Adams Aliu Oshiomhole planning with chief of staff to the president to arrest top PDP members in Edo before election to make things easier for APC. Just listened to this video.
The presidency is hear by warned!!! Not to try any nonsense in Edo state. pic.twitter.com/bzecznTfAR
— ©??j?¥??? (@ceejay_sijay) August 17, 2022
However reacting to this, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu insisted that the circulated video is “an ingenious patchwork of mischief.” He further revealed that the video was extracted from an innocent conversation focused on the emerging incidents of violence in the run up to the election.
- PDP and Presidency disagree over leaked video of Oshiomhole and Gambari discussing ahead of Edo governorship election
- Edo: Presidency reacts to ‘arrest video’ involving Gambari, Oshiomhole
- It’s about Edo – PDP reports Oshiomhole, Gambari to Buhari over “arrest him” comment [Video]
- Oshobaba has been downgraded to Oshopikin – Dino Melaye mocks Oshiomhole over Edo governorship election in new song (video)
- Osho Baba Has Been Downgraded To Osho Pikin, APC How Market? – Dino Melaye Releases New Song, Mocks Oshiomhole Over Edo Governorship Election In New Song (Video)
- Presidency Reacts To Oshiomhole & Gambari ‘Arrest’
- “Arrest him” video: Punish Gambari, Oshiomhole – PDP chair Secondus to world powers
- APC, PDP disagree on political crisis in Edo State
- Why we disagree with presidency on Biafra — IPOB
- Igbo presidency: Biafran Elders disagree with Ohanaeze Ndigbo, others