The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s address to the nation on Thursday evening, as disappointing and completely disconnected from the realities of the tragic occurrences in our country in the last two weeks.
This was contained in a statement signed by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan.
PDP, however, appealed to Nigerians to remain calm and allow a return to normal life.
“Our party and, indeed, all lovers of peace in our country, were shocked that Mr. President glossed over the immediate trigger of violent protests – the widely condemned killing at the Lekki Toll Gate by security operatives. A situation which created a global concern and drew the attention of the world to the abuse of human rights going on in our country under his watch,” it read in part.
The opposition party also criticized Buhari for his silence on the demand for investigation into the Military’s involvement in the shootings.
It added that “Nigerians had expected that Mr. President will provide the lead for the much-needed overhauling of our security architecture to meet the demands of professionalism and respect for rules of engagement.”
- Revealed! Regina Daniels Takes S£xually Enhanced Chocolate To Boost Her Libido (Photos)In Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020Marriage-made millionaire and Nigerian actress, Regina Daniels, has publicly disclosed that she takes Jurama chocolate to help boost her libido. ...[Read more]
- NYS Assembly hearing on mayor’s control of NYC school system in mid-DecemberIn USANovember 29, 2020The New York State Assembly plans to hold a hearing in mid-December on whether mayoral control of the New York City school system should be extended ...[Read more]
- Kobe Bryant’s Hall Of Fame Induction Festival Postponed To May 2021In Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame ceremony which was set to take place in August 2020 but was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic ...[Read more]
- Cuomo looking to close ‘loophole’ allowing bad cops to keep police credentialsIn USANovember 29, 2020New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday said he is looking at closing a loophole that could allow a cop accused of misconduct in one police department ...[Read more]
- Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke caught wearing an expensive sandal from Dolce and GabannaIn Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke, has taken to his Instagram page to share a photo of himself as he sat in a chair while wearing a black trouser and a ...[Read more]
- Jim Iyke Faunts His $925 Dolce And Gabbana Sandal (Photos)In Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020Jim Iyke, the Nollywood lover boy has displayed an expensive Dolce and Gabbana sandals in the latest photo that cost nine hundred and twenty-five ...[Read more]
- Kim Kardashian makes a special request from Fans over a young set to be executed soonIn Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020Keeping Up With The Kardashians star Kim Kardashian is very desperate to use her legal know-how to save a convict from being executed in just two ...[Read more]
- Nearly one-third of NY, NJ small businesses reportedly closed in 2020In USANovember 29, 2020It has been a bad year for ma and pa. Nearly one-third of small businesses in New York and New Jersey remain closed since January amid the ...[Read more]
- Does Your Ex Husband beats You?, Fan asks Chika Ikeh about her Divorced HusbandIn Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020A Nigerian lady identified as Mary Banda has puzzled yet unsolved as she is curious to know the real cause of Chika Ike’s failed marriage. You would ...[Read more]
- Seek help from Fayose ,PDP advises Fayemi Over Insecurity issues in EkitiIn Local NewsNovember 29, 2020The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ekiti State has counselled the state Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, to seek help from his immediate predecessor, ...[Read more]