Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly desperate to return to the Premier League and is ‘close to joining Newcastle‘.
The Argentinian is one of the most highly regarded managers in world football but was sacked by Spurs eight months ago despite guiding them to the Champions League final weeks earlier.
And Mundo Deportivo (via Sport Witness) claim Pochettino is set to replace Steve Bruce at Newcastle.
Bruce came in to replace Rafael Benetiz last summer and has guided Newcastle to Premier League safety with 43 points after 34 games.
But the report claims Pochettino is ‘close to Newcastle’, who are expected to be taken over by a Saudi-backed consortium.
The former Spurs boss has reportedly rejected ‘many offers’ from top European clubs – including Barcelona and Benfica – but the 48-year-old is said to be keen on a return to the Premier League.
Whether Pochettino will still want to join the Magpies should the deal to buy the club fall through remains to be seen.
Source: Newzandar News News
- Former Spurs boss Pochettino open to Premier League return
- Pochettino eyes return to Premier League
- Premier League: Pochettino announces desire to return
- Premier League chief opens up on failed Newcastle takeover
- Premier League on Peacock: How to Stream Brighton vs Newcastle
- Pochettino has no regrets shunning Madrid as Spurs boss
- Thomas Tuchel is sacked by PSG with ex-Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino ‘set to replace him’
- Premier League breaks LaLiga’s record in Champions League, Europa League
- Barcelona vs PSG: Pochettino’s squad for Champions League clash confirmed
- Champions League: Pochettino makes demand after PSG thrash Barcelona at Camp Nou