The Police Command in Nasarawa on Saturday confirmed the abduction of Abdullahi Magaji, the “Aron Akye” of Ugah, a Second-Class traditional ruler in the state.
Mr Bola Longe, Commissioner of Police (CP) in the state who confirmed the development to newsmen in Lafia, said that the command had mobilised personnel to the area to rescue the monarch.
“We have deployed officers to area and they are searching everywhere, he will be rescued and by the grace of God the kidnappers will be arrested and prosecuted.
“We are, therefore, appealing to members of the public, especially those in that area to furnish the police with revenant information that will lead to the rescue of the victim and arrest of the kidnappers,” Longe said.
Meanwhile, a family source who preferred anonimity told News Agency of Nigeria (Newzandar News) that the victim was abducted from his residence in Ugah village near Lafia at about 7.30 pm on Thursday.
According to the source, the gunmen in large number, stormed the house bearing sophisticated weapons and whisked the monarch away to an unknown destination.
He explained that the traditional ruler was taken away on a motorcycle by his abductors.
He also said that the kidnappers contacted the family on Saturday on phone to demand for N50 million ransom after allowing the monarch to speak with family members.
- Police confirm release of kidnapped traditional ruler in Nasarawa
- Police confirm release of abducted Adamawa traditional ruler
- Traditional Ruler, Eze Iroegbu And His Cabinet Members Abducted After Attending Traditional Wedding
- Police confirm abduction of CAN Chairman in Nasarawa
- Gunmen kidnap traditional ruler in Nasarawa
- Gunmen storm Nasarawa community, kill traditional ruler
- Gunmen kill traditional ruler in Nasarawa
- Just in: Gunmen kill traditional ruler in Nasarawa
- Imo: Police parade traditional ruler, 30 other suspected criminals
- Leadership tussle: Police arrest traditional ruler, 2 others over crisis in Ebonyi community