A police inspector identified as Haruna Kaura was found dead at the Alvana Shell Camp road, Owerri, on Tuesday morning, April 28.
Spokesman of the Command, SP Orlando Ikeokwu who confirmed the incident on Tuesday, said that the deceased was of the ’18 Police Mobile Force’, but attached to Imo Government House, Owerri.
The lifeless body of the policeman was covered with bruises, raising the suspicion that he was assassinated. He was said to have gone out for a night out on Monday night.
The cause of death is unknown yet, but a police source said authorities were being cautious because of fears of Covid-19 pandemic.
“A team of policemen were despatched to the scene where the body was identified as Inspector Haruna Maura of No. 18PMF Swuadron attached to Government House.”
Ikeokwu said, adding that the policeman was suspected to have been murdered.
“He was observed to have his identity card in his Palm and his trouser pulled down with his service pistol taken away while marks of violence were visibly seen around his back/neck region.”
- Police Inspector found dead, as 45-year-old man commits suicide in Imo
- JUST IN!!! Inspector found dead as Hoodlums attack police checkpoint, cart away two AK-47 rifles in Cross River
- IG of Police withdraws officers attached to Magu’s house, EFCC
- Police inspector commits suicide in Imo
- Mobile police Inspector allegedly commits suicide in Imo
- Inspector-General of Police orders an investigation into a viral video showing some police officers in Ibadan, Oyo state harassing a female suspect
- Okorocha was invited to explain why he led the violent breaking into an estate sealed by Imo government that led to damages – Imo Police
- Okorocha was invited to explain why he led the violent break-in into an estate sealed by Imo government that led to damages – Imo Police
- Only IGP can post and withdraw policemen attached to deputy governor â Ondo Commissioner of Police, Salami Bolaji
- IG orders Ondo Police Commissioner to restore officers attached to Akeredolu’s deputy, Ajayi