The Ekiti State Police Command has recovered a newborn baby abandoned in an uncompleted building in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital.
The Command spokesman, Mr. Sunday Abutu, confirmed the incident to journalists on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti.
Abutu said the incident happened on Monday night, adding that residents of the area alerted the police on the matter.
“We got a call that a newborn baby was abandoned in an uncompleted building in the Adebayo area.
“We recovered the baby and immediately moved the baby to Ekiti University Teaching Hospital, where the child is receiving treatment and care,” he told journalists.
The command spokesman said efforts were ongoing to track the mother of the baby.
A resident in the area told journalists the baby was left on the bare floor of the abandoned building.
The eyewitness said the baby with the placenta still attached to its umbilical cord was discovered in an uncompleted building at Goshen Avenue in Adebayo area of the town at about 10: 00 p.m. on Monday.
“The cry of the new baby attracted some residents who later contacted the office of the Wife of Ekiti Governor, Mrs. Bisi Fayemi, and the police,” he added. (Newzandar News)
- Police recover corpse of day old baby abandoned beside a hospital in Lagos (graphic photo)
- Nigerian lady narrates how her baby daddy abandoned her after their baby died after she went through surgery
- Home Entertainment News Actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and her kids recover from COVID-19 Actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and her kids recover from COVID-19
- Newborn abandoned by bush path in Ekiti rescued
- ‘How police commissioner impregnated, abandoned me with baby’
- Police Rescue New Born Baby Abandoned In Uncompleted Building
- Police rescue day-old-baby abandoned in Anambra (photos)
- Police rescues abandoned day old baby in Oko Oba area of Lagos
- Police rescue abandoned one-month-old baby in Lagos
- Police arrest woman who burnt, abandoned her baby in refuse dump