Residents of Birnin-Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State have expressed deep concern over the security challenges in the area in recent years.
They observed that the insecurity situation has grossly affected their normal way of life and is having a negative toll on their livelihoods.
A resident of Buruku community, Alhaji Shuaibu Isah, explained that the Kaduna – Birnin Gwari expressway that used to be a beehive of activities was now a ghost of itself.
He said vehicles conveying passengers and goods from the northern to the Southern part of the country usually passed through that route and normally stopped at some of the communities to make purchases, which increased income earning of the locals.
According to him, “Today, with insecurity in the area, the road is deserted as only few vehicles ply the road due to the activities of men of the underworld.
“As l am speaking to you, this has become history as the route has become a ghost of itself due to activities of bandits and kidnappers.”
Also narrating her experience, Hajiya Maimuna Musa, of Idawa community, noted that residents have been forced to migrate to other towns, abandoning their farmlands to the criminals.
She narrated that two days ago, her nephew was killed along the route when bandits opened fire on their vehicle.
According to a driver, Murtala Yaro, the hoodlums shattered his vehicle with bullets. He thanked the Almighty that none of his passengers was injured.
A youth leader who sought anonymity, explained that “it is only major towns along the Kaduna – Birnin-Gwari road that you still find major activities going on.
” All the surrounding villages are deserted thereby affecting farming which is the major occupation of the people.”
The Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Umar Muri, when contacted, explained that the Command has just deployed a team of policemen made of Mopol, Anti-kidnapping, and conventional policemen to boost security in the area.
He assured that he has directed the Divisional Police Officers, (DPOs), to work in synergy with the special task force deployed to the area.
He gave the assurance that Birnin-Gwari route would soon be a safe passage for safety of lives and restoration of business activities.
- Nigerians mock Buhari as Pigeons refuse to fly at Armed Forces Remembrance [Video]In NewsJanuary 15, 2021Nigerians on social media have mocked President Buhari over the refusal of Pigeons to fly during the armed forces remembrance on Friday. President of ...[Read more]
- BBNaija’s Mercy Eke reacts after video of herself and third boyfriend went viralIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 15, 2021• BBNaija 2019 star Mercy has shared a reaction over the news about her romantic moment with new boyfriend. • Mercy Eke was on Thursday spotted in a ...[Read more]
- Monarchs demand justice, fairness in creation of new LCDA’sIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Some traditional rulers in Ido/Osi Local Government Area of Ekiti State have appealed to the Committee superintending over the creation of Local ...[Read more]
- Fulham vs Chelsea: Lampard names player to miss EPL clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Education, health very important to us – Governor Ikpeazu tells MDCNIn Education, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Lagos State government on Friday said about 8,043 active COVID-19 cases are currently being managed under the state’s Home-Based Care. Prof. Akin ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: 8,043 active cases under Lagos Home Based Care – AbayomiIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021An Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, has warned the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, against aiding ...[Read more]
- EPL: Klopp singles out one Man Utd player ahead of Sunday’s clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Spanish Super Cup: Marco Asensio blames opposition for Real Madrid’s defeatIn SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- My machine just landed mehn! – Nigerian mum says as she cruises in her N35 million Tesla (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 15, 2021A video is currently circulating online and it capture the moment a Nigerian mum was taking a ride in her newly acquired Tesla. Her son shared a ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: LASU shuts hostels as three students test positiveIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021An Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, has warned the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, against aiding ...[Read more]