A socio-cultural organization, Nzuko Ukwu-La-Ngwa, has passed a vote of confidence on the Governor of Abia State, Okezie Victor Ikpeazu for his giant strides in security service delivery and especially for the creation of the ministry of homeland security, human capital development, industrial and infrastructural development of Aba in particular, and its environs.
The Abia group made its position known in a communique at the end of a Peace and Security meeting with Aba residents held at Aba Town Hall on Tuesday.
The communique was signed by Rt. Hon. Eric Acho Nwakanma, groups’ Chairman and Morgan Uto Ulunma its Secretary and made available to newsmen in Umuahia, the state capital.
Nzuko Ukwu Ukwa-La-Ngwa unequivocally frowned at the wanton destruction and the looting that took place in Aba during that infamous End SARS protest held across states of the federation.
The socio-cultural body called for a neighbourhood watch and friendliness as measures to minimize crime, improve security, greater vigilance and increased safety.
According to the communique, “In attendance during the meeting were some selected traditional rulers and prominent leaders of thoughts of Ukwa-La-Ngwa and also some selected Aba residents namely: Representatives of State, National and Town Unions; Market and Landlords Associations and Road Transport Workers Unions.
“The meeting deliberated exhaustively on security problems in Aba, especially the October 2020 End SARS protest hijacked by hoodlums that resulted in wanton destruction of public and private properties.
“Subsequently, the meeting reaches at the resolutions which partly read, We urge all organizations, associates and unions to tell the good news, assurance of peace and security of persons and properties in Aba.
“To summon peace and security meetings periodically to handle issues of common interest”.
- COVID-19: NCDC Records 1386 New CasesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC has recorded 1,386 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of infections in the country to ...[Read more]
- 62-year-old man arrested for raping 13-year-old girl in KatsinaIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Katsina State Police Command has arrested a 62-year-old man, Lawal Sani for raping a 13-year-old old girl in Unguwar Yari area of the ...[Read more]
- Thirty Fine And Sexy!!!! Bisola Aiyeola Shares Stunning Birthday SnapsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Nollywood star Bisola Aiyeola turns 35 today and to celebrate the milestone the TV star has shared stunning birthday snaps. The stunning beauty ...[Read more]
- Diane Russet slams troll who said she looks like a cancer patient on her new haircutIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Former Big Brother Naija housemate and beautician, Diane Russet has cautioned an insensitive troll who said she looks like a cancer patient on her ...[Read more]
- Wontumi writes to Prempeh College, asks them to put his bad results in museum to motivate weak studentsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Chairman for the New Patriotic Party in the Ashanti Region, Benard Antwi Boasiako known in the political circles as Chairman Wontumi says he’s asked ...[Read more]
- “Kids are not a blessing. They are a burden” – Huddah Monroe writesIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Huddah Monroe took to her Instagram Stories to share a controversial statement that is getting attention. The Big Brother Africa reality star ...[Read more]
- There’s tension inside Akufo-Addo’s head over appointments – Gabby Otchere-Darko gives sneak peekIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko says there is uneasy in the head of the President of Ghana with appointments for his second term as President. According to ...[Read more]
- Child Harvesters were entrapped – Sammy Darko chides Ghanaians for condemning Anas’ method but hailing EOCOIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Lawyer Sammy Darko has chided Ghanaians for supporting the method used by EOCO and the Ghana Dental and Medical Council in arresting child ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: Start mass testing now -Okudzeto Ablakwa to govtIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Member of Parliament for North Tongu has called on the government to be more aggressive with the fight against the deadly COVID-19. According to him, ...[Read more]
- Nigerian couple buys their first house 2 years after moving to CanadaIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021A couple who left Nigeria for Canada almost two years ago have bought their first house. The Nigerian man, Nonso took to Twitter on Thursday ...[Read more]