A five-months-pregnant New Jersey chef was killed by her partner in a murder-suicide, according to authorities.
Cops found the 35-year-old chef, Garima Kothari, dead in her high-rise apartment on Christopher Columbus Drive in downtown Jersey City around 7:15 a.m. Sunday with trauma to her upper body, according to the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office.
At about the same time, cops found her 37-year-old partner Man Mohan Mall floating in the Hudson River near the Exchange Place Path stop, authorities said. He was pronounced dead less than an hour later, police said.
The prosecutor’s office said Monday their deaths were a ruled a murder-suicide following autopsies by the regional medical examiner.
The autopsy also revealed Kothari was pregnant.
The two owned Indian-soul food restaurant Nukkad, which opened back in February in the Paulus Hook section of the city.
Kothari studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris after making it into the top 15 for MasterChef India in 2010, according to the school’s website.
She first started in Florida where she worked as a pastry chef and event planner after graduation, according to her biography on the site.
The chef also ran Breaking Bread Company, a catering and event company in Jersey City.
- Pregnant Jersey City chef dead in murder-suicide, cops say
- Photos of couple involved in murder-suicide incident in Lagos (Graphic Photos from Murder Scene)
- Lagos police command release official statement on the murder-suicide incident that happened in Lekki. See photo of the knives used in the murder
- See photos of couple involved in murder/suicide incident in Lagos + graphic photos from the scene of the murder
- New Jersey teacher kills himself inside high school, cops say
- Girl, 13, charged in Jersey City murder of 35-year-old man
- NYC murder suspect threatens suicide by ‘killing and shooting some cops’
- 9-year-old placed ‘heartbreaking’ 911 call amid Brooklyn murder-suicide: cops
- Phoenix man killed wife in alleged murder-suicide moments after she called cops