President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, appointed 38 persons to the board of the Federal Character Commission (FCC).
The appointment was contained in a letter seeking the Senate approval.
The letter was read by Senate President Ahmad Lawan, on the floor of the upper legislative chamber on Tuesday.
“In compliance with the provision of section 154 (1) of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, 1999 as amended, I write to request for confirmation by the senate for 38 nominees as chairman and members of the Federal Character Commission,” the letter read.
Recall that the Senate had on February 25 urged President Buhari to reconstitute boards of the Federal Character Commission (FCC) with immediate effect.
Here is a list of those newly appointed by the president:
Muheeba Dankaka, chairperson
Obonganwan Dorah Ebong
Tonya G. Okio
Silas Mfa Madkpah
Abba Ali Monguno
Ginika Florence Tor
Lawan Ya’u Roni
Hadlza Usman Muazu
Muhammad Awwal Na’lya
Abubakar Atiku Bunu
Daniel James Kola
Suleiman Barau Said
Olufemi Lawrence Omosanya
Adeoye Abdulrazak Olalekan
Stephen A Jings
Abdullahi Aminu Tafida
Armaya’u Dauda Abubakar
Adamu Muhammad Sidi-Ali
- President Buhari approves new appointments [Full list]
- President Buhari approves new appointments
- President Buhari approves renewal of appointments
- Buhari approves new appointments
- Buhari approves two new appointments
- Appointments of Security chiefs are not subject to Federal character â Femi Adesina reacts to alleged nepotism in Federal appointments (video)
- President Buhari makes new appointments,See categories
- President Buhari makes new appointments, renews others at River Basin Development Authorities
- President Buhari makes five new appointments (Full list)