US President Donald Trump has been permanently banned from Snapchat, according to a statement by the platform.
The move by Snap to permanently ban Trump from the social app comes after Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, Twitch, and other internet platforms issued similar bans. On Tuesday, YouTube suspended Trump’s channel for seven days for a video violating its policies prohibiting incitement to violence.
“Last week we announced an indefinite suspension of President Trump’s Snapchat (SNAP) account, and have been assessing what long term action is in the best interest of our Snapchat community,” a Snapchat spokesperson said.
“In the interest of public safety, and based on his attempts to spread misinformation, hate speech, and incite violence, which are clear violations of our guidelines, we have made the decision to permanently terminate his account.”
News of Snapchat’s ban of Trump comes after he became the first American president in history to be impeached twice, over his involvement in inciting a mob of rioters that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
- Court fixes Feb. 4 for suit seeking Dogara’s sackIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Zamfara State Police Command has confirmed the death of eight people in an attack by suspected armed bandits on Janbako community of Maradun ...[Read more]
- Cross River secuirty taskforce demolish houses of suspected kidnappersIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Okubo Aboye, 57, and his mechanic, Niyi Ibrahim Afolabi, 39, on Monday, bagged life imprisonment for ...[Read more]
- Vaccine skepticism hurts East European anti-virus effortsIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021BELGRADE, Serbia — Vaccines from the West, Russia or China? Or none at all? That dilemma faces nations in southeastern Europe, where coronavirus ...[Read more]
- How to get a free bag of marijuana with the COVID-19 vaccineIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021Get stuck and take a puff. Cannabis activist group DC Marijuana Justice plans to offer weed gift bags to those who get the COVID-19 vaccine in the ...[Read more]
- Zamfara police command neutralizes 8 suspected bandits in ZamfaraIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Ohanaeze: Concerned stakeholders move to restore investigate parallel groupIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Anambra school teachers protest resumption without studentsIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Amotekun must work with DSS, Police, Miyetti Allah – Alaafin of OyoIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Alaafin Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi on Sunday has said the Amotekun regional security outfit cannot be successful with working with the Department of ...[Read more]
- Nnamdi Kanu reacts to Aisha Yesufu, Savvi Rinu’s comments on Nigeria being worse than zooIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has thanked activists Aisha Yesufu and Bolatito Rinu Oduala, popularly known as Savvi ...[Read more]
- Adamu Aliyu takes over as Adamawa’s new CP, vows to eliminate Shila BoysIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021