Lauretta Onochie, the Personal Assistant to President Buhari on Social media, has revealed why the president doesn’t wear face mask.
The NCDC, Ministry of Health, and the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 have repeatedly advised Nigerians to wear a face mask to prevent getting infected with the Coronavirus.
President Buhari has engaged in several meetings since the Coronavirus pandemic started and pictures shared from those meetings show him as the only one not wearing face mask.
Backing the president, Onochie pointed out that expert medical protocol states that there is no need for face mask when in a safe environment, hence Buhari’s reason for not wearing it.
In a post on her Twitter handle, Onochie insisted that President Buhari was not breaking any rules by not wearing face mask. She explained that the rule stressed that only those visiting must wear face mask to ensure they don’t leave behind droplets in a safe environment.
”PRES @MBuhari IS NOT BREAKING RULES! Expert Medical Protocol is that if you are in your safe environment, you dont need to wear a mask Those visiting you MUST wear masks to ensure they leave no droplets in your environment Wearing of masks is mostly to protect people around us” she tweeted
- Why Buhari Doesn’t Wear A Face Mask – Lauretta Onochie
- Fulani herdsmen: Criminalizing an ethnic group because you don’t like Buhari’s face is fishing for trouble – Presidential aide, Lauretta Onochie warns
- COVID-19: Presidential aide explains why Buhari doesn’t wear face mask
- The Nigerian music superstar, Wizkid has slammed Presidential social media aide, Lauretta Onochie, See why
- ‘Those Who Flaunt Lifestyles They Cannot Afford Will Be Investigated’- Presidential Aide, Lauretta Onochie Reveals
- Senate screens Buhari’s aide, Lauretta Onochie as INEC commissioner
- Don’t Force Your Aide, Lauretta Onochie On Nigerians As Electoral Commissioner, Northern Group Tells Buhari
- “The ‘mummy calm down’ video is a clear case of child abuse and not discipline” – Pres. Buhari’s aide, Lauretta Onochie
- ‘Buhari’ s Aide, Lauretta Onochie Is Not Qualified As INEC Commissioner— Angry Reactions Of Nigerians Trail Her Senate Screening
- Amid Outrage, Senate Begins Screening Of Buhari’s Aide, Lauretta Onochie, Others As Electoral Officers