Upper East Regional Minister, Tangoba Abayage has taken yet another swipe at failed parliamentary aspirant of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) for the Nabdam Constituency, Dr. Vida Yakong.
Speaking in an interview on Bolgatanga based-Dreamz FM, Madam Abayage said her ability to win the parliamentary primaries of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) at her first attempt puts her miles ahead of Dr. Yakong hence, it was unreasonable for Dr. Yakong to try ridiculing her when she lost in the December 7 polls.
For her, until Dr. Yakong who is a lecturer at the University for Development Studies (UDS) manages to succeed in her ambition to become a parliamentary candidate, she is not in any position to throw shades at her for failing to win in a general election.
Madam Abayage believes the NDC’s failed parliamentary aspirant rather than throwing jibes at her under the guise of an advice should have been taken lessons from her on how to win party’s primaries since she beat a political colossus like Mr. Kofi Adda in the NPP’s primaries.
“I won primaries over no other person but they call him the political guru. In the NPP Kofi Adda is one of the supremos in the region and people thought nobody could defeat him but I defeated and then you, Vida come to tell me that I should stop slaying and that a calf should not laugh at a hornless cow.
You are not hornless cow. You’re a calf. You contested primaries and you lost. I contested and won. If there is any hornless cow, I should be the hornless cow because I have crossed the stage of being a calf. Until you go to primaries and win, you can’t compare yourself to me. If (we were in school), at least I should be in JHS 1, she is still in class 1,” she stated.
The two prominent female politicians have been at each other’s neck for sometime now. It all started in 2019 when madam Abayage criticized the lecturer for attacking the Akufo-Addo’s administration instead of focusing on prosecuting her campaign to become the NDC’s parliamentary candidate for the Nabdam Constituency. The regional Minister had contended that Dr. Yakong exhibited political immaturity during the primaries and that culminated into her defeat.
The UDS’s lecturer, however, did not immediately respond until when the minister also lost in the parliamentary election in the Navrongo Central Constituency. She took a swipe at Madam Abayage accusing her of inducing delegates with monies to win the primaries and being irresponsible and indecent as a leader.
Immediately, the minister hit back at her stating that she is not the right person to shade her for losing an election since she failed twice to win party’s primaries against a “political midget”.
The seeming enmity between the two has raised concerns among section of the public as some say their verbal attacks in the public space sets a bad example for most of the youth especially the females who look up to them.
But Madam Abayage debunked the assertion stating that there is no enmity between them.
- Man and his friends mercilessly flog his girlfriend for allegedly cheating on him (Video)In Gossip, Viral NewsJanuary 21, 2021A disturbing video is circulating on social media showing the moment some young men were flogging a lady over alleged unfaithfulness. A man said to ...[Read more]
- Long Island police lieutenant dead at 60 from COVID-19In USAJanuary 21, 2021A Suffolk County police lieutenant died of coronavirus on Wednesday — the department’s first active member to succumb to the illness, officials said. ...[Read more]
- “It is true, beautiful ladies are always single” – Reality star, DorathyIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Dorathy Bachor has affirmed on social media that it is true beautiful ladies are always single. The beautifully ...[Read more]
- Vice Principal arrested for impregnating 12-year-old student in KatsinaIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021A vice principal identified as Ibrahim Tukur has been arrested for raping his 12-year-old student of a community school in Katsina ...[Read more]
- Kwara police arrests organizers of a nude party in Ilorin (photo)In NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Kwara State Police Command has arrested one Akinsola Babatunde aka Mr. White for planning, with a group of other persons currently at large, ...[Read more]
- ”We look forward to working together to tackle global terrorism” – Buhari congratulates Joe BidenIn Viral NewsJanuary 21, 2021Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated Joe Biden on his inauguration as the 46th President of the United States, saying his ...[Read more]
- “We love you so much” Kamala Harris’ husband, Douglas Emhoff expresses pride in herIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021US Second Gentleman, Douglas Emhoff took to Twitter to express pride in his wife and his love for her hours after the US inauguration. The ...[Read more]
- “Real Men Don’t Shave Their Armpits” – Music Executive, TeebillzIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Nigerian music executive and singer, Tiwa Savage’s ex-husband, Teebillz has said that real men don’t shave their armpits. This is coming after he ...[Read more]
- Why North won’t be silent over Buhari’s poor handling of insecurity – BafarawaIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Olusegun Bamgbose, National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance, CAGG, has noted that ex-President Donald Trump may be President Joe ...[Read more]
- I kidnapped my ex-boyfriend for dumping me – Female Kidnapper confessesIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021A 23-year-old lady, Maryam Mohammed, has been arrested by men of the Kano state police command for kidnapping her ex-boyfriend who refused to ...[Read more]