The Nigeria Private Sector Coalition Against COVID-19 CACOVID, has so far realised about N27.160 billion to help fight the coronavirus pandemic in the country.
The update of the contribution as at April 23, was made known in a document released by Mr Isaac Okorafor, Director, Communications, Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, on behalf of the coalition in Abuja yesterday.
The document containing the list of contributors showed that the donations were made by institutions and individuals across the country.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that CBN and Aliko Dangote were so far the highest contributors of two billion naira each.
Abdul Samad Rabiu (BUA Sugar Refinery), Segun Agbaje (GTB), Tony Elumelu (UBA), Oba Otudeko (First Bank), Jim Ovia (Zenith Bank), Herbert Wigwe (Access Bank) and Femi Otedola of Amperion Power Distribution donated one billion naira each to the fund.
Also, Deji Adeleke of Pacific Holding Ltd made N500 million donation.
NAN also recalls that Union Bank Plc, Sterling Bank Plc, Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Citi Bank Nigeria Ltd, FCMB, Fidelity and ECO Banks, African Steel Mills donated N250 million each and Multichoice Nigeria Limited contributed N200 million.
The list also indicated that some Nigerians made donations of N1,000, N500, N200, N100, N50 and as little as N1.0 to the contribution.
Okorafor said the coalition was grateful to all the institutions and individuals that had open handedly donated to the relief fund.
- Sam George narrates insider account behind NPP MPs reporting to Parliament at 3amIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Member of Parliament for Ningo Prapram Sam George has explained the reason behind the NPP MPs early attendance to Parliament on Friday, January 16, ...[Read more]
- Man caught after paying with fake transfer in an expensive restaurant (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 16, 2021A young man has got himself in a big mess after dining and wining in a big restaurant then paying with a fake bank transfer. It was an unfortunate ...[Read more]
- Transfer: Ozil finally reaches agreement with Arsenal to terminate contractIn SportsJanuary 16, 2021Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, has reacted to reports linking the club’s former coach, Avram Grant, with a return to Chelsea. Grant has been linked ...[Read more]
- Arthur Eze’s kinsmen storm Ngige’s office after release from detentionIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Abia sets up mobile court on environmental sanitationIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Sanwo-Olu extends work from home for civil servantsIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Conjoined twins successfully separated at University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (Photos)In Gossip, Health, Viral NewsJanuary 16, 2021A set of conjoined female twins have successfully been separated at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital. The operation which took place on ...[Read more]
- Sweet’N Low magnate, Donald Tober, 89, ‘jumps to his death from the 11th floor of his luxury $10 million NYC apartment after struggling with ‘Parkinson disease’In NewsJanuary 16, 2021Donald Tober, the artificial sweetener magnate who made Sweet’N Low a household name across America has committed suicide at the age of 89. The ...[Read more]
- Insecurity: No plan to engage 4,000 youths – Niger GovernmentIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Street traders at Obikabia and Opobo junctions, Ogbor Hill in Aba, have been given seven days to vacate the streets and move into approved markets in ...[Read more]
- History as “Come Closer” by Wizkid Ft. Drake goes Platinum in CanadaIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Nigerian afrobeat heavyweight, Ayo Balogun better known as Wizkid has become the only Nigerian artiste to go Platinum twice in Canada. The singer ...[Read more]