Paris Saint-Germain captain, Thiago Silva has confirmed his team were crowned champions of France’s Ligue 1 following the cancellation of the season due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) made a decision this week to award the title for the 2019-20 campaign to PSG, as they currently lead with 12-points over Marseille with a game in hand.
In a statement published via club’s official website, the Brazilian defender admitted that he agrees with the decision to cancel the league because the important thing is the health of the players.
- ‘This is the strangest championship I have won’ – PSG captain, Thiago Silva confirms his team has been crowned champions of France
- Champions League: Thiago Silva confirms PSG exit after 3-0 win over Leipzig
- Thiago Silva Set to Part Ways With PSG After Champions League Final
- Thiago Silva set to sign for Chelsea after PSG’s Champions League final defeat
- Why I enjoy Champions League football in Chelsea more than PSG – Thiago Silva
- Lampard takes final decision on Thiago Silva replacing Azpilicueta as Chelsea captain
- PSG captian Thiago Silva opens up on impending exit from club
- Thiago Silva determined to go out on a high at PSG
- Thiago Silva takes final decision on joining Chelsea from PSG
- Thiago Silva joins Chelsea from PSG