Political Scientist and Associate Professor at the University of Ghana, Ransford Gyampo has noted that the open show of respect between President Nana Akufo-Addo and ex-President John Mahama during the final funeral rites of the late President Jerry John Rawlings means that notwithstanding their disagreements, the two are not fighting and will not fight, a reason why Ghanaians must not “break heads” because of them.
Commenting on a picture in which President Akufo-Addo and ex-President are seeing greeting each other with much mutual respect, Prof Gyampo advised that Ghanaians are free to disagree, to ventilate their grievances and even engage in demonstrations but they must never fight one another because of political differences.
“The mutual respect between them is phenomenal. Regardless of whatever happens, these two won’t fight. Why break heads because of them? Disagree, ventilate your grievances and even demonstrate. But please don’t fight,” he said.
Ex-President Mahama is challenging the validity of the reelection of President Akufo-Addo as President of Ghana after the 2022 Presidential election in the Supreme Court. Mahama’s National Democratic Congress (NDC) has said that it will not recognise President Akufo-Addo as President until the determination of the matter at the Supreme Court.
However, the ex-President Mahama and President Akufo-Addo were mutual in their respect for each other at the funeral ceremony, earning praise from many Ghanaians.
- BBNaija: “I Hold No Grudges Against Neo But He Has To Explain Himself To Me” – Prince (Video)
- Prof Gyampo condemns military ‘aide’ for Akufo-Addo’s lawyer Frank Davies
- Occassoonally reshuffle your ministers for better outcomes – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Only 40 Ministers would’ve been most ideal – Gyampo tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo must be ready to nominate new ministers if..- Prof Gyampo postulates
- Mike Ezuruonye laments use of his photos for scam on Chitchat with MC Charlene
- 2020 Election Is Integrity Test Between Me And Mahama, Leave Naana Jane Out – Akufo Addo
- Gyakie’s “Forever” Song Hits Jubilee House As Rebecca Akufo-Addo Sings It For President Akufo-Addo On His 77th Birthday
- Ghana Election 2022: President Akufo-Addo Needs Four More Years To Do More – Rebecca Akufo-Addo
- First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo, Commits “Mother Serpent Of Corruption”, President Akufo-Addo, Into God’s Hands Ahead Of The 2022 Elections