The Vice President of the Ghana Medical Association (GMA) Dr Frank Serebour has charged Public servants and government worker unions to also demand ex-gracia every 4 years as Members of Parliament (MP) do.
Every four (4) years, 275 members of parliament, Ministers and government appointees take home ex-gracia for serving the nation.
Dr Frank Serebour who was speaking on Bresosem Show on Abusua Fm hosted by Kojo Marfo monitored by MyNewsGh.com urged the government to cancel public servants’ pension allowance and replace it with ex-gracia to commiserate with the work they do.
“It so pathetic and disheartening that public servants go home with slim pension allowance after serving the country for over 35 and 40 years while an MP and other government appointees will take home huge allowance every 4 years for serving the same country” Dr Serebour lamented.
According to Dr Frank Serebour, the government has been taking public servants such as doctors, teachers, security officers, nurses and other for granted with a small pension allowance.
“An MP who has served Ghana for 16 years takes ex-gracia every 4 years but public servant has to wait for pension allowance. Even the MPs allowances are huge than a public servant’s monthly salary. We shouldn’t entertain that”.
“My opinion is the government should stop giving public servants pension pay and give us ex-gracia every 4 years. Public Workers Union should come together and push this agenda because we have been taken for granted for so many years” Dr Serebour urged.
- Speaker Elections: NPP MPs don’t trust one another the way NDC MPs do – Konongo MP opens up
- Gov Oyetola Orders Public And Civil Servants In Osun State To Wear Adire Uniforms To Work Once Every Week
- Ruth Kadiri advocates for death sentence to be given to politicians and public servants who misuse public funds
- Ruth Kadiri demands death sentence be given to politicians and public servants who misuse public funds
- What stopped us from also bribing NDC MPs? – Aggrieved Carlos Ahenkorah quizzes NPP Elders
- El-Rufai Reveals Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna
- HoS assures public servants of improved welfare
- It’s not just police: Public servants of all stripes are now under assault
- “Abolish voting in Nigeria, until death sentence laws are given to corrupt politicians and public servants” – Actress, Ruth Kadiri
- Buhari Warns Public Servants Against Abuse of Positions