Mr David Darko, the 41-year old self-styled medical doctor, who has terminated at least a 1,200 pregnancies in a decade of operating an abortion clinic has revealed that none of his clients complained of any complication as a result of his unsafe abortions conducted on them at his uncertified facility.
The suspect has been given four years of imprisonment in hard labour by the Suhum Circuit Court for engaging in illegal abortion says when it comes to performing abortions, he has “gifted hands” that deliver.
Mr Darko appeared to be a well-known abortion doctor in the Eastern Region, particularly within Suhum, where his facility, located at Mile 44 in Suhum, was the go-to for girls and women who needed to get rid of pregnancies for whatever reason.
Mr Darko’s abortions resulted in complications for many ladies who patronized his services. This led to investigations by the Ghana Health Service and the Ghana Police Service.
Mr Darko was arrested on January 9, 2021 while he was about to terminate the pregnancy of a lady who had been planted by the Police to expose him. Medical equipment and drugs were impounded by the police in his facility.
“We received information that somebody is operating illegal abortion within Suhum Municipality and base on this intelligence the Suhum district police command gathered themselves and arrested the suspect now the convict at his hideout and when we searched him we were able to retrieve medical instruments and drugs and we processed him before the court and he was sentenced to four years imprisonment, we are now taking him to the Koforidua prisons to go and serve his term. According to his mother, he started this business more than ten years now”. The Suhum Police Commander, Joseph Owusu said.
- “It is true, beautiful ladies are always single” – Reality star, DorathyIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Dorathy Bachor has affirmed on social media that it is true beautiful ladies are always single. The beautifully ...[Read more]
- Vice Principal arrested for impregnating 12-year-old student in KatsinaIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021A vice principal identified as Ibrahim Tukur has been arrested for raping his 12-year-old student of a community school in Katsina ...[Read more]
- Kwara police arrests organizers of a nude party in Ilorin (photo)In NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Kwara State Police Command has arrested one Akinsola Babatunde aka Mr. White for planning, with a group of other persons currently at large, ...[Read more]
- ”We look forward to working together to tackle global terrorism” – Buhari congratulates Joe BidenIn Viral NewsJanuary 21, 2021Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated Joe Biden on his inauguration as the 46th President of the United States, saying his ...[Read more]
- “We love you so much” Kamala Harris’ husband, Douglas Emhoff expresses pride in herIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021US Second Gentleman, Douglas Emhoff took to Twitter to express pride in his wife and his love for her hours after the US inauguration. The ...[Read more]
- “Real Men Don’t Shave Their Armpits” – Music Executive, TeebillzIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Nigerian music executive and singer, Tiwa Savage’s ex-husband, Teebillz has said that real men don’t shave their armpits. This is coming after he ...[Read more]
- Why North won’t be silent over Buhari’s poor handling of insecurity – BafarawaIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Olusegun Bamgbose, National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance, CAGG, has noted that ex-President Donald Trump may be President Joe ...[Read more]
- I kidnapped my ex-boyfriend for dumping me – Female Kidnapper confessesIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021A 23-year-old lady, Maryam Mohammed, has been arrested by men of the Kano state police command for kidnapping her ex-boyfriend who refused to ...[Read more]
- Piers Morgan sings praise of Jill Biden and says he’s “chuffed” for the Bidens as the new first familyIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Piers Morgan, who used to be good friends with Donald Trump and even had a chance to interview the former US president aboard Airforce ...[Read more]
- Provisions already made to address inability to pay academic fees – Mahama Ayariga schooledIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Former Minister of State for Tertiary Education Prof Kwesi Yankah has addressed Mahama Ayariga’s proposition legislation that will suspend academic ...[Read more]