Wind and rainstorm destroyed several buildings in Ganye, a mojor town in the southern part of Adamawa State, Tuesday evening.
Many houses, schools and other properties had their roofs blown off, sources said, adding that electric poles and cables were also affected.
Kabiru Njidda, the Information Officer of the Ganye Local Government Area, said in an alert, “Heavy wind and rainstorm destroyed several houses in Ganye LGA this evening. Also affected were electric poles and cables.”
Njidda, who gave further insight on the incident, told our correspondent in a telephone conversation Tuesday night that the LGA, especially the council headquarters, Ganye town, had been thrown into darkness as a result of damage to electricity installations.
He said, “There is currently no light. We’ve contacted officials concerned but the best we can expect is that maybe they will effect repairs tomorrow.”
He said the rain lasted about 30 minutes but caused extensive destruction.
“I have just left a man whose house and a new car were badly affected,” he said, explaining, “the wall of his house collapsed on his car, seriously denting the car.”
- Fulham vs Man United: Solskjaer names players that didn’t train ahead of EPL clashIn SportsJanuary 20, 2021Former England and Liverpool striker, Michael Owen, has predicted some of the Premier League’s midweek games. A tricky challenge awaits Manchester ...[Read more]
- We Did What We Came To Do – Donald Trump Delivers Farewell SpeechIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 20, 2021In a few hours President Donald Trump will cease to be the president of the United States of America and has a part of his ceremony the president ...[Read more]
- Nigerian man records himself in a snow-filled environment to prove he’s in Europe not Ghana (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 20, 2021A Nigerian man residing in Europe, has shared a video of himself in an environment covered with snow to clear the air on speculations that he is in ...[Read more]
- The 4th Floor!!! Timi Dakolo Celebrates 40th BirthdayIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 20, 2021R&B singer Timi Dakolo turns the big 40 today and he is celebrating with some stunning new photos. The singer shared the snaps on his Instagram ...[Read more]
- “There’s only one Tacha, adding BBNaija to my name is unnecessary” – TachaIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 20, 2021Nigerian reality TV star, Natacha Ibinabo Akide, aka Tacha, has warned against attaching BBNaija to her name as there is only one Tacha. The former ...[Read more]
- Comedian Sydney Talker ties the knot with reality star, Nengi (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 20, 2021Popular Instagram comedian, Sydney Talker may have tied the knot with the reality star, Nengi Hampson as the duo pose in stunning wedding photos. It ...[Read more]
- 2023: Reject Bola Tinubu’s presidential ambition – Nnamdi Kanu warns NigeriansIn NewsJanuary 20, 2021The Vice-Chancellor of Modibbo Adama University, Yola, Prof. Abdullahi Liman Tukur has stated that the University has transformed from a ...[Read more]
- “My family keeps me grounded and I love my 3 sons so much” – Wizkid (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 20, 2021Nigerian afrobeat legend, Ayodeji Balogun, popularly known as Wizkid has said he loves his family because they keep him grounded. The “Made In Lagos” ...[Read more]
- Herdsmen quit notice: You are wrong – Shehu Sani to Gov AkeredoluIn NewsJanuary 20, 2021The Vice-Chancellor of Modibbo Adama University, Yola, Prof. Abdullahi Liman Tukur has stated that the University has transformed from a ...[Read more]
- Police confirm release of abducted Adamawa traditional rulerIn NewsJanuary 20, 2021The Adamawa state police command has confirmed the release of a traditional ruler who was abducted by gunmen in the state on Monday January ...[Read more]