Head of the presidential task force on Coronavirus in Kano state, Nasiru Gwarzo has disclosed that the rate of community transmission in the state is ‘now 80 percent’.
In an interview with BBC Hausa Nasiru Gwarzo said about 80 percent of the samples received from communities in the state turned out positive for Coronavirus.
The PTF official who admitted that there is increased testing capacity in Kano state, added that the state needs urgent intervention as the disease is spreading to various areas.
“When about 100 samples are delivered, there are five to ten that are positive (for coronavirus).
“But now, when 100 samples are returned, about 80 are coronavirus cases.”
Kano became the second worst hit state yesterday May 1, with 311 confirmed cases of Coronavirus.
- Kano: Rate of COVID-19 community transmission hits 80% – State govt
- I didn’t link Kano deaths with COVID-19, Gwarzo recants
- Kano mysterious deaths: Ekhomu rejects Presidential Task Force verdict
- Coronavirus: NCDC, boss, Ihekweazu confirms community transmission in Lagos, Abuja, Kano
- Community transmission: Individual and community responsibility
- COVID19: Gov Ganduje expresses fear over continued community transmission in Kano
- Kogi Gov Reacts To Death Of State’s Chief Judge, Nasiru
- President Buhari fires Nasiru Mohammed Ladan Argungu, the Director-General, National Directorate of Employment (NDE)
- Notorious bandit, Nasiru Kachalla, others killed
- Presidential Task Force on COVID-19: How far as govt eases lockdown?