If you’re wondering what the biggest company giveaway in Nigeria is this season, we’ve got you – and there’s still time to participate. PalmPay is rewarding thousands of Nigerians who transact on its payments app by the 18th of January with a share of a 50 Million Naira prize pool.
The PalmPay New Year Festival promo is designed to encourage and reward transactions such as bank transfers, airtime recharge and bill payments carried out on the platform.
Any Nigerian adult can qualify for a share of the 50 Million Naira prize by making payments using PalmPay’s mobile app, which is available for download on the Google Play Store and iOS App Store.
As part of the promotion, every completed transaction will give users a chance of winning either a discount coupon valued up to N50 or a “Festival Badge”. All customers who collect at least one of each of the 5 badge designs by the January 18th deadline will automatically qualify for a share of the prize pool and take home between N400-N6000 each.
Interestingly, users of the PalmPay app also benefit from free bank transfers, zero fees on e-wallet deposits or bill payments, and receive discounts and cashback on all airtime, bills and data purchases.
According to the CMO of PalmPay, Sofia Zab, “The PalmPay New Year Festival is our biggest giveaway yet. We are known as ‘The Payment App That Rewards You’ and we are living up to our tagline with every transaction made. We have hundreds of thousands of customers that use the PalmPay app every day because of the value it brings to them and we look forward to welcoming more Nigerians to the PalmPay family through this promotion.”
In December, the company ran a similar campaign called the PalmPay Carnival, where over 17,000 customers won a share of 20 million Naira. The platform is known for regularly hosting special promotions on top of its regular incentives to engage its user base.
PalmPay entered the Nigerian market in September 2019 and has grown rapidly to reach a customer base of over 2 million transacting users. Over the last 6 months, the Mobile Money Operator has experienced a tenfold increase in daily transaction volume, fueled by the accelerating trend towards digital payments brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The PalmPay app enjoys rave reviews on the Google Play Store, where it has a market-leading 4.4* rating. “PalmPay is a must have for every Nigerian. It helps you save a lot on airtime with various discounts and bonuses. You can even purchase some items from there at a discounted price. God bless you PalmPay. Keep growing!”, writes 5* reviewer Victor Femi Adebayo.
2021 will see the digital and financial services platform pursue further growth of its customer base, with plans to launch several innovations into the Nigerian market. Recent initiatives include a new “Group Discounts” feature which unlocks savings of up to 30% on airtime and data for users who complete a purchase together with friends, and the launch of the sale of physical products such as electronics and cosmetics with free door to door delivery within Lagos state.
The PalmPay New Year Festival couldn’t have come at a better time for Nigerians looking for a financial windfall after celebrating the festive season. With just under a week to go until the promo ends, the countdown to transact and win is on!
- Ganiyat Sadiq Is The Hijabi Princess Who Is All About Beauty And FashionIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021It’s another Thursday in the exciting world of KOKOstyle and we are super excited to profile another amazing modest fashionista who is serving ...[Read more]
- Police arrests man for allegedly defiling 2-year-old babyIn Local NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Advocacy for Alleged Witches (AfAW) has welcomed the arrest of a controversial Anambra pastor, Onyebuchi Okocha, A. K. A. Onyeze Jesus. The ...[Read more]
- ‘Witches’ group commends police, Anambra govt for arresting Prophet Onyeze JesusIn Local NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Advocacy for Alleged Witches (AfAW) has welcomed the arrest of a controversial Anambra pastor, Onyebuchi Okocha, A. K. A. Onyeze Jesus. The ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Wendy Shay Reveals She Has 15 Piercings And That She’ll Add MoreIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Rufftown Records’ signee, Wendy Shay, has revealed that she has 15 piercings and that there are more to come. According to Wendy Shay, she even had ...[Read more]
- Pfizer-BioNTech Says Its COVID-19 Vaccine Is Effective Against UK And South-Africa VariantIn Celebrity News, coronavirus, COVID-19, Nigeria NewsJanuary 28, 2021Pfizer and BioNTech has said that its COVID-19 vaccines are effective against the variants that have emerged in the United Kingdom and South Africa. ...[Read more]
- 63-year-old man allegedly defiles 2-year-old girl in BeninIn NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Edo state police command has arrested a 63-year-old man identified as Sunday Igbinokhuaihe for allegedly defiling a two-year-old girl. The ...[Read more]
- Legendary Beatmaker, Hammer, Supports Shatta Wale’s Assertion That Mark Okraku Mantey Can’t Serve Creative Arts Industry As MinisterIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Legendary beatmaker and Record Producer, Edward Nana Poku Osei popularly known as Hammer is in full support of Shatta Wale‘s assertion that Mark ...[Read more]
- DJ Cuppy hints on why she’s yet to collaborate with WizkidIn Entertainment, GossipJanuary 28, 2021Popular Nigerian disc jockey, DJ Cuppy, real name Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola has given a hint to fans on why there’s yet to be a collaboration between ...[Read more]
- 25 suspected cultists arrested during initiation ceremony in OgunIn NewsJanuary 28, 2021Ogun State Police Command has arrested 25 suspected members of the Buccaneer cult group during an initiation ceremony in Abeokuta. The suspects ...[Read more]
- Police officers arrested for allegedly assaulting 5 Nigerians in OrluIn Local NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Commissioner of Police in Imo State, Mr Nasiru Mohammed, has confirmed that some officers of the state command have been arrested for allegedly ...[Read more]