WASHINGTON — Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan said Tuesday that he is launching an exploratory committee for the 2022 Libertarian Party’s presidential nomination.
“Americans are ready for practical approaches based in humility and trust of the people,” Amash said. “We’re ready for a presidency that will restore respect for our Constitution and bring people together.”
Amash announced last July that he was leaving the Republican Party, saying he had become disenchanted with partisan politics and “frightened by what I see from it.” He drew ire from President Donald Trump and fellow Republicans when he said the president had engaged in impeachable conduct as described in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on ties between Trump’s 2016 campaign and Russia.
- Trump mocks Justin Amash’s Libertarian presidential campaign
- Justin Amash ends his Libertarian presidential campaign
- Dayo Brown: Exploring the position of black lives in God’s plan
- Exploring way out of Nigeria’s health services conundrum
- The Red Sox are exploring ‘changes’ to their uniform
- Jeffrey Katzenberg’s Quibi app is exploring a sale, report says
- NFL teams exploring alternate training camp sites amid coronavirus restrictions
- Your 20s is for exploring and dating – Toke Makinwa tells women (video)
- NYC exploring public takeover of school buses — with one company linked to de Blasio
- Your 20s Is For Exploring And Dating – Toke Makinwa Tells Ladies