Resign or be impeached A coalition comprising 43 frontline civil society organisations and Femi Falana’s laws company have requested President Muhammadu Buhari to resign or be away from the office by the Nationwide Assembly if he cannot deal with the persistent insecurity throughout the nation.
That is, no doubt, one of many five-point demand of the coalition in an announcement on Sunday declaring that Mr Buhari has failed in his important responsibility of constructing sure the protection and welfare of Nigerians.
“President Buhari and his authorities have failed of their important obligation beneath Half 14 2(b) of the 1999 Construction which is guaranteeing the protection and welfare of the Nigerian people,” their joint assertion be taught partially.
The coalition demanded amongst others that the President “current political and moral administration for the protection catastrophe and assure governmental actions are humane in tandem with Half 17 (2) ( C ) of the Construction.”
Moreover, they charged him to complete impunity, abuse of power and “sectionalism by way of his appointments by balancing the need for competence with the federal character principle.”
According to them, by way of the balancing, it’ll be demonstrated “that every part of Nigeria points as sectional appointments appear to gasoline sectional violence.”
Moreover, they tasked the President to take “responsibility and end the persecution of the media and free speech every of that’s foundations of a democratic state.”
The groups moreover demanded that he mobilise “rich Nigerian belongings to deal with the insecurity state of affairs all through the nation and search worldwide cooperation to ramp up security belongings.
“The place the President fails to fulfil his constitutional duties as acknowledged above, we demand the steps aside or the Nationwide Assembly initiates impeachment proceedings in opposition to him on grounds of gross misconduct as supplied for in Half 143 of the 1999 Construction of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” the assertion added.
A variety of the coalition members are Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD), Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC), Media Rights Agenda (MRA), Centre for Data Know-how and Development (CITAD), Socio-Monetary Correct and Accountability Mission (SERAP), Zero-Corruption Coalition (ZCC), and African Centre for Media and Data Literacy (AFRICMIL).
Moreover, they embody funds Foundation, State of the Union (SOTU), Movement Worldwide Nigeria, Femi Falana Chamber, HEDA Helpful useful resource Centre, Open Bar Initiative, Helpful useful resource Centre, Borno Coalition for Democracy and Progress (BOCODEP), Worldwide Rights, Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth & Growth (YIAGA), Tax Justice and Governance Platform, Girls In Nigeria, African Centre for Administration, and Approach & Development (Centre LSD).
The post Resign or be impeached — Falana, teams tells Buhari appeared first on The Ngozi Media.
- The Biggest Problem With Nollywood Is Stereotyping – Swanky JKAIn Celebrity News, COVID-19March 1, 2021One of the country’s biggest and fast-rising actor Jidekene Achufusi popularly known as Swanky JKA, who was the lead actor on the Ramsey Nouah ...[Read more]
- Chelsea vs Man United: Alan Shearer gives verdict on Callum Hudson-Odoi’s handball incidentIn SportsMarch 1, 2021Newcastle United legend, Alan Shearer, has hit out at the rules concerning handball incidents in the English Premier League (EPL) following Chelsea’s ...[Read more]
- Erica Nlewedim Features in New Action Movie Alongside Linda OsifoIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Popular reality star, Erica Nlewedim has made it to the screens as she features a new action movie titled, Devil in Agbada. The disqualified ...[Read more]
- Crystal Palace vs Man United: Focus on game, be clinical to win – De Gea warns Red DevilsIn SportsMarch 1, 2021Newcastle United legend, Alan Shearer, has hit out at the rules concerning handball incidents in the English Premier League (EPL) following Chelsea’s ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Dorathy Bachor Is Flexing And Pressing Necks In Stunning New SnapsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021It’s a brand new month and our favourite celebrities are not slowing down their fashion games at all. To be fair it looks like the month of March is ...[Read more]
- Equality for All â A Conversation Hosted By 360Hub in Partnership with Techuncode and the Lagos State GovernmentIn NewsMarch 1, 2021In preparation for the Lagos economic summit, Ehingbeti 2021, which was held last week, the Lagos state government, in partnership with the leading ...[Read more]
- Your ill-advised statement has lowered the dignity of the judiciary – GJA breaks silence on Judicial Service media letterIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021The Ghana Journalist Association (GJA) has described an order by the Judicial Service directing media houses to delete all offensive, incendiary, ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Tutors, students of Nalerigu Nursing College in trouble over an illegal twerking contestIn Education, Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Scores of students and teachers of the Nalerigu Nursing and Midwifery College are to be sanctioned by the school authorities for organizing a ...[Read more]
- My husband commits adultery right inside our church – Pastor’s wife tells Yola courtIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021The wife of a pastor in the Adamawa State capital, Yola, has dragged her husband to court over allegations of sleeping with women right inside his ...[Read more]
- Kagara Students’ Return, Davido’s New Bae And Other Top Events Of The WeekendIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsMarch 1, 2021<!– Kagara Students’ Return, Davido’s New Bae And Other Top Events Of The Weekend Home News & Events Kagara Students’ ...[Read more]