The Coalition for Revolution (CORE), the organisers of the #RevolutionNow protest have called for a nationwide protest on October 1, Nigeria’s Independence day.
According to the protest organizers, the nationwide protest will be against poor governance in Nigeria as they will be demanding a reversal of “anti-people policies implemented by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.”
The statement read;
“These harsh policies that have bored a burdensome hole into the pockets of the Nigerian people are coming at a time when citizens are recovering from the adverse effect of the COVID-19 pandemic, a global health crisis that was also mismanaged by the Buhari’s government further plunging already struggling citizens into deeper financial problems.
“It also comes at a time when there is an unprecedented dictatorial-style crackdown on free speech, dissent, activism, journalism and the right to associate and congregate peacefully and protest.
Amongst its demands, CORE clamoured for the reversal of the hike in the price of petrol from N148 to N151, an end to” “state-supervised and approved impunity under the watch of President Muhammadu Buhari” and the sacking of all service chiefs in the country due to their “proven incompetence in finding a lasting solution to the Boko Haram insurgency which has claimed and is still claiming the life of Nigerians daily.”
- “I Don’t Like Davido, I Love Him”- Omah Lay Publicly Declares His Love For DavidoIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian singer and songwriter Omah Lay has declared publicly that he loves Davido not only for what he does but who he is. He made this known during ...[Read more]
- Meet The Beautiful Sister Of Burna Boy Who Is Also SingerIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Burna Boy is one of the most popular and well-to-do musicians in the Nigerian entertainment industry, the musician is known for his music and ...[Read more]
- Upstate NY mayor charged with crack possession after police pursuitIn USADecember 2, 2020The mayor of a small upstate New York village was arrested Tuesday for allegedly possessing crack cocaine, cops said. Massena Mayor Tim Currier was ...[Read more]
- 15-month-old girl stabbed inside NYC apartmentIn USADecember 2, 2020A 15-month-old girl was left in critical condition after being stabbed in the stomach inside a Brooklyn home on Tuesday, law enforcement sources told ...[Read more]
- Man shot in buttocks during Hell’s Kitchen feudIn USADecember 2, 2020A man was shot in the buttocks during an argument in Hell’s Kitchen on Tuesday night, police said. The 52-year-old victim was wounded while in a ...[Read more]
- Fauci says Broadway could reopen by fall 2021In USADecember 2, 2020Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases doctor, says Broadway could possibly be shining its bright lights again by early next fall. ...[Read more]
- Sheriffs bust defiant NYC bar in COVID-19 hotspotIn USADecember 2, 2020City sheriffs on Tuesday night shut down a Staten Island bar that declared itself an “autonomous zone” and continued to serve indoor customers in ...[Read more]
- New Yorkers of all stripes blast MTA fare and toll hikesIn USADecember 2, 2020If there’s one thing New Yorkers can agree on in these divided times, it’s that they don’t want to pay more to get around the city. A bipartisan ...[Read more]
- Woman gets $325K settlement in 2018 NJ beach brawl bustIn USADecember 2, 2020A Philadelphia woman punched out by cops during a wild, 2018 caught-on-video beach brawl in New Jersey is getting the last laugh. Emily Weinman, ...[Read more]
- NYC ambulance rides are about to cost a whole lot more — here’s whyIn USADecember 2, 2020New York City is hiking the fees it charges insurers and patients to help cover the costs of emergency ambulance responses to 911 calls amid the ...[Read more]