If you want to stand under Rihanna’s umbrella, you’d better be wearing SPF.
The 32-year-old superstar shared a sexy lingerie-clad selfie on Instagram Sunday to promote her new travel-size Fenty Skin Start’r Set ($40), captioning the photo, “Just protecting my melanin while they try to eradicate it! @fentyskin #FentySkinStartRs mini gang!”
One fan seemed puzzled by Rihanna’s freshly applied Hydra Vizor sunscreen ($35) and the timing of her post, commenting, “it’s winter now” — and the beauty mogul wasted no time in schooling them on the importance of year-round SPF usage.
“It’s the ignorance for me!” Rihanna responded. “You gon have wrinkles if you think spf is seasonal! But continue.”
Ahead of Fenty Skin’s launch, the Barbadian beauty told Yahoo Entertainment that she’s working hard to change the messaging around sunscreen, particularly as it pertains to people of color.
“Growing up on an island, you’re exposed to the sun every day. So you always thought that SPF was a tourist thing, and especially not for black people,” Rihanna explained. “I have learned the hard way because over time the sun wasn’t that kind to my skin and my skin was not that resilient. So I started to have hyperpigmentation in certain areas.”
After learning the error of her ways, the bad gal began using sunscreen daily, and included a pink-tinted version made to work on all skin tones as one of her skincare line’s first products. “Whether it’s hot or a gray, winter cold day, those UV rays are always out,” she said.
“I think the biggest misconception with SPF, in particular, is that black people don’t need it. And as a woman of color, I am here to say that’s a lie. We need it and we need it every day.”
New York Post
- NYSC Arrests 43 Hoodlums Over looting at Kubwa Orientation CampOctober 28, 202043 hoodlums have reportedly been arrested with some items recovered by the National Youth Service Corps(NYSC), following their attack in their Abuja ...[Read more]
- Watch how Falz cut his birthday cake yesterdayOctober 28, 2020Nigerian rapper Falz turned 30 years yesterday, October 27, and he celebrated his birthday in grand style. In the video sighted online, the rapper ...[Read more]
- Watch Davido Cruising A 15 Million Naira Can-AM Spyder F3 Trick (+Video)October 28, 2020In an ongoing video, Davido was spotted cruising a 15 Million Naira Can-AM Spyder F3 Trick. It would appear that the Musician is attempting to ...[Read more]
- See The Top 10 World Richest Actors 2020October 28, 2020It’s a well known truth that Hollywood and Bollywood are the top film industry in the world known for delivering the best movies as well as ...[Read more]
- ” Why are you hiding your shoe?” – Netizen asks Ozo After He Shared A PhotographOctober 27, 2020Ex Big Brother Naija housemate, Ozo shared a photograph on his Instagram page which didn’t show his shoes. Shockingly enough, that was what one ...[Read more]
- For The First Time Lagos State Judicial Panel Start Probing ProcessOctober 27, 2020The Nigerian legal board set up to enquire into police brutality for the first time today. The present sitting was pointed toward distinguishing ...[Read more]
- The Alafin of Oyo blames President Buhari over the Lekki toll gate shootingOctober 27, 2020Speaking at stakeholders meeting at the House Of Chiefs, the Alafin of Oyo blamed the events of 20th October on the president. According to him, his ...[Read more]
- FIFA President, Gianni Infantino tests positive for for CoronavirusOctober 27, 2020Unfortunate news coming out of the world of football has confirmed that the president of the world’s governing body for soccer has contracted ...[Read more]
- Pastor Enoch Adeboye Declares 30 days days of fasting and prayer to pray for the nationOctober 27, 2020Senior Pastor of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCGG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye has declared 30 days of fasting and prayer for its members. Pastor ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Dorathy signs an ambassadorial deal with a herbal cosmetic company vspbotanicsOctober 27, 2020Former Big Brother Naija has signed an ambassadorial deal with a herbal cosmetic company vspbotanics. She informed her followers about the good news ...[Read more]