A robbery suspect, Dini Abdullahi, who was arrested in Kano for attempted culpable homicide has claimed that he is addicted to intoxicating drugs.
Spokesman of the State Police Command, DSP Abdulahi Haruna, in a statement on Tuesday, January 12, said the suspect stabbed a 22-year-old man with a sharp animal horn, took his N200 and fled to an unknown place.
“On 04/01/2021, at about 1100hrs, one Hajiya Rabi Umar of Galadanci Quarters, Gwale LGA of Kano State, reported that on the same day at about 0130hrs, one Dini Abdullahi, ‘m,’ of Gwale Quarters Kano, used sharp Animal Horn to stab her son, one Ahmad D. Ahmad, ‘m,’ 22 years old of the same address, on his chest, face and neck, and took away his N200 and fled to unknown place,” Haruna said.
“The victim was rushed to Murtala Mohammed Specialist Hospital, Kano for treatment. The Command’s Commissioner of Police CP Habu A. Sani raised and instructed a team of Operation Puff-Adder, led by SP Nasiru Gusau, to arrest the culprit,”
“The team immediately swung into action and arrested the suspect, one Dini Abdullahi, ‘m,’ 20 years old of Gwale Quarters. The suspect confessed to have committed the crime, disclosing he is an addict of intoxicating drugs, such as Indian Hemp and Diazepam Tabs. Suspect will be charged to court after completion of investigation.” he added.
- NYC Republicans urged to change registration to vote in Democratic mayoral primaryIn USAJanuary 17, 2021Big Apple Republican and independent voters are getting unsolicited letters and text messages urging them to re-enroll as Democrats in order to vote ...[Read more]
- Judge drops case against homeless woman who stole USPS truck in BrooklynIn USAJanuary 17, 2021A Brooklyn judge dismissed the charges against the homeless woman who took a stolen US Postal Service truck on a joyride Friday and left “vehicular ...[Read more]
- Amosun, Akinlade mourn Martins-KuyeIn NewsJanuary 17, 2021Former Ogun State Governor, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun and a governorship candidate, Hon. Adekunle Akinlade has sympathised with the family of a late ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: Lagos govt gives update on academic schedule for public, private schoolsIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 17, 2021Former Ogun State Governor, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun and a governorship candidate, Hon. Adekunle Akinlade has sympathised with the family of a late ...[Read more]
- Former NYS Dem Party head gets vaccinated — in FloridaIn USAJanuary 17, 2021It’s all going south. A former head of New York Democratic Party has already received his first dose of the coronavirus vaccine — no thanks to Gov. ...[Read more]
- Starbucks shuts down several Manhattan stores over possible protestsIn USAJanuary 17, 2021Several Starbucks stores across Manhattan shuttered Sunday amid fears of protests, the company said. The coffee-chain giant cited possible ...[Read more]
- NYC families say DOE dropped French dual-language program at last minuteIn USAJanuary 17, 2021The city Department of Education abandoned a fledgling French dual-language program at the 11th-hour last week after stonewalling parents for months, ...[Read more]
- Four reportedly killed, residents desert community as cultists clash in BakassiIn Local NewsJanuary 17, 2021Two cemetery guards were on Sunday arrested by men of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, otherwise known as Amotekun Corps for alleged ...[Read more]
- NY man busted for alleged role in Capitol riot — after outing himself onlineIn USAJanuary 17, 2021A New York man has been arrested for his alleged role in the deadly US Capitol invasion — after posting an image of the mob to Instagram with the ...[Read more]
- Ex- Oyo Amateur Boxing Chair, Opaleye is deadIn SportsJanuary 17, 2021A former Chairman, Oyo State Amateur Boxing Association, Mr. Akintunde Opaleye is dead. DAILY POST gathered that Olaleye died on Sunday at the ...[Read more]