Afenifere, the Pan-Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere, has urged President Buhari to sack the service chiefs just has he sacked the APC NWC.
President Buhari last week recommended the sack of the National Working Committee NWC of All Progressives Congress (APC) and this was immediately implemented at the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting which took place in the statehouse Abuja.
Afenifere has now urged the president to tackle the lapses in the security architecture of the country in the same way.
Lamenting about the escalating cases of kidnapping, banditry, and acts of terrorism by Boko Haram insurgents in the country, Afenifere while speaking through its spokesman, Yinka Odumakin, wondered why the president continued to allow the service chiefs remain in office.
“It is clear that we have lost the war against Boko Haram insurgents even though the Federal Government has made so much propaganda about their exploits against Boko Haram. On a daily basis, it is becoming clearer that Boko Haram is on top of us.
We need to get back to the drawing board, to devise strategies to contain these criminals; otherwise, Nigeria may go under with these insurgents.” the statement read
Afenifere urged the president to go beyond scolding the security chiefs and relieve them of their duties. The group said if President Buhari believed the best of the service chiefs was not good enough, as he told them, he should sack them immediately instead of leaving them at their posts without any visible results.
- Insecurity: Sack Service Chiefs like you sacked APC NWC- Afenifere tells President Buhari
- Sack Service Chiefs Like You Sacked APC NWC – Afenifere Tells Buhari
- Northern Elders, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Others to Buhari: Warning to Service Chiefs not enough, sack them
- President Buhari Sacks Service Chiefs, Appoints New Service Chiefs
- Stop the fight against Service chiefs, Call your Spokesperson to order – Yoruba Youths Warns Afenifere Leader
- Insecurity: Service Chiefs no longer effective, should be sacked – Shettima tells Buhari
- BREAKING: Oshiomhole accepts sack of APC NWC, pledges loyalty to Buhari
- Expel sacked NWC members if they go to court, DG PGF tells APC
- Sacked APC NWC makes U-turn, won’t challenge dissolution
- Threat by sacked NWC to go to court, mere media creation ― APC Govs Forum