American actor, Sam Lloyd, best known for playing lawyer Ted Buckland on Scrubs, has died at the age of 56.
Lloyd had been battling an inoperable brain tumor since last year. He was diagnosed with the disease in January 2019, only weeks after he and his wife Vanessa had welcomed their first child, Weston.
The show’s creator Bill Lawrence confirmed the news on Friday night via Twitter, saying: “Thinking a lot about Sam Lloyd today. (Ted). Truly such a kind, sweet guy. He will be missed by so many.”
Lloyd’s television career included roles in “Desperate Housewives,” “Seinfeld,” “Modern Family,” “The West Wing,” “Cougar Town,” “Malcolm in the Middle,” and “Shameless,” according to his agent. He also appeared in the films “Flubber” and “Galaxy Quest.”
Aside from acting, Lloyd was also a singer with the Acappella group The Blanks.
Some of his former colleagues paid tribute to him on social media, including Scrubs star Zach Braff and Scrubs and Cougar Town creator Bill Lawrence.
Zach Braff wrote: ‘Rest In Peace to one of the funniest actors I’ve ever had the joy of working with. Sam Lloyd made me crack up and break character every single time we did a scene together. He could not have been a kinder man. I will forever cherish the time I had with you, Sammy.’
“Scrubs” creator Bill Lawrence described him as a “kind, sweet guy” who will be missed by many.
He is survived by his wife Vanessa and their son Weston.
- Donald Faison and Zach Braff pay tribute to ‘Scrubs’ co-star Sam Lloyd
- Little Child With Brain Tumor Dies After Her Mother Absconded With N3 Million Donated For Surgery
- 57 year old woman gives birth to baby boy five years after losing 13 year old daughter to brain tumor
- Baby With Brain Tumor Miraculously Gets Healed
- ‘Pure’ star Charly Clive on how a brain tumor helped with sexy role
- Agony of 27year old lady suffering from brain tumor !!!”Help me o lord Ijeoma Nwosu cries”
- Hollywood actor, Sam Lloyd is dead
- Veteran golfer, Camilo Villegas’ daughter dies two months to her 2nd birthday after battling brain and spine tumors
- Zach Braff blasts Emmys for Nick Cordero, Sam Lloyd In Memoriam exclusion
- #BBNaija 2022: “I was attracted to your brain but right now your brain is evil, Laycon is manipulative, I will make sure he suffers in life” – Erica