A dramatic scene was recorded during the Nigerian senate’s plenary after Senator Smart Adeyemi (APC, Kogi) described Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State as a “drunkard”.
The Kogi senator who contributed to a motion on Safe School Initiative in Nigeria alleged while Abia state is governed by a “champagne drinking man”, some Governors are working hard to make the lives of residents of their state better.
Adeyemi seemingly said this in response to a social media post allegedly linked to Abia-born Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, which cast aspersion on Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state.
“Despite that some governors are doing their best, we are lucky to have a governor who has taken the issue of security as a serious priority.
“We are bordered by nine states, but we had an experience of the unfortunate incidents that are happening in neighbouring states.
“Some governors are committed to the protection of their people. In my state, the governor awarded contracts for the renovations of schools and provides security services to them.
“In some states where we have highly intelligent people, highly educated people, very enterprising people, like Abia, they are governed by drunkards. The governor of Abia is a champagne drinking man.
“Abia people are impoverished more than ever before. Abia people are unfortunate.”
However after Senate President Ahmad Lawan cautioned Adeyemi against insulting the governor, Abaribe expressed shock over the Kogi-born senator’s comment and urged him to tender an apology to Governor Ikpeazu. He also denied making any comment about Governor Yahaya Bello.
“Mr President, I will like to make a clarification. Unfortunately, what has happened here today is one of the problems that you see on social media. I never made any comment on the governor of Kogi State. Never!
“What has happened is what we see going on today. People write something and tag your name to it. And if you don’t ask question, you will not know whether you actually said it or not.
“And I see so many things tagged to me but I don’t talk. The last time I saw Nuhu Ribadu, I also spoke to him. Something was ascribed to him that was very deleterious.
“I’m very surprised that my good friend and colleague decided to take on the governor of Abia for something I never said.”
- Man narrates his ordeal after being arrested alongside others while clubbing at Cubana nightclubIn Viral NewsMarch 1, 2021A Nigerian man has shared his experience after being arrested alongside others while clubbing at Cubana nightclub in Lagos. @armchaircritic_ who ...[Read more]
- It is not considered polite to borrow money from a lady – British man tells Nigerian menIn GossipMarch 1, 2021A British gentleman identified as Grant Harrold has taken to microblogging platform, Twitter to advise Nigerian men on a key etiquette to note and ...[Read more]
- The top 3 Nigerian musicians are not dating Nigerian girls – Man sparks controversyIn GossipMarch 1, 2021A Man has taken to social media and stirred a controversial discourse revolving around Nigerian women. Identified on Twitter as Mr Okeke, the man ...[Read more]
- 12 dead as gunmen attack Sokoto, kidnap businessmanIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021Twelve persons have been reported dead while attempting to rescue a kidnap victim at Illela Amarawa in Illela Local Government Area of Sokoto State ...[Read more]
- Banditry: Kidnapping Children From Schools Is A Lesser Evil To Ransacking Towns – Sheik GumiIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Previous article8 Nigerian Artiste Who Have Dedicated Songs To Their Partners...[Read more]
- NDLEA nabs man with two human heads in OndoIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021Suspected hoodlums in early hours of Monday invaded and burnt down a divisional police station in Essien Udim Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom ...[Read more]
- Osun: Amotekun apprehends Alfa for allegedly stealing ramsIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021Suspected hoodlums in early hours of Monday invaded and burnt down a divisional police station in Essien Udim Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom ...[Read more]
- In oil-rich Iraq, a few women buck norms, take rig site jobsIn LifestyleMarch 1, 2021BASRA, Iraq — It’s nearly dawn and Zainab Amjad has been up all night working on an oil rig in southern Iraq. She lowers a sensor into the black ...[Read more]
- 8 Nigerian Artiste Who Have Dedicated Songs To Their PartnersIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021A great way to evoke a person’s emotion is through songs and it is also one of the most beautiful ways to express your thoughts, emotions, and ...[Read more]
- “I’ll finish Naira Marley’s money with only shopping, he can’t afford me” – Cross dresser, GoldtifulIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Nigerian Cross dresser, Goldtiful has shared a video of himself vibing to the lyrics of the Naira Marley‘s Koleyewon hit track, while addressing the ...[Read more]