Human Rights advocate, Mr Femi Falana has stated that the Kaduna state Governor violated Section 79 of the Kaduna State Urban and Regional Planning Law, 2018, which Governor Nasir el-Rufai personally signed by demolishing Asher Kings and Queens Restaurant, the purported venue of a botched sex party in the state.
Reacting to Director-General of the Kaduna State Urban Development and Planning Authority (KASUPDA), Ismail Umar-Dikko’s claim of the building not having a valid title or development permit, Falana argued that the law which was signed by El-Rufai in 2018 does not allow for demolition without a notice.
He added that the Governor cannot be the accuser, the prosecutor, the judge and the executor of the judgment.
“The law which was signed by El-Rufai in 2018 does not allow for demolition without a notice. Section 79 of the law is clear. No governor has the right to authorise a demolition of the property of anyone.
“The governor cannot be the accuser, the prosecutor, the judge and the executor the judgment. All the states in Nigeria have similar laws, whether in Rivers or Lagos. None has the power to pull down the property of any citizen who has not been given the opportunity of making a representation.
“No one is in support of sex parties taking place in the country but anyone found wanting should be arrested and prosecuted according to the law. They should have prosecuted those accused of committing the offence and not pulled down the building.”
- Victoria Asher: SWAN President condoles Benue NUJ over death of chairman
- âI lost my pregnancy after Kaduna govt demolished my restaurantâ- Owner of restaurant where Kaduna sex party was scheduled to take place says
- It is insulting for the US government to tell Nigerian government what to do with repatriated Abacha loot – Femi Falana (video)
- Kings and Queens should stay off social media – BBA star, Tayo Faniran reacts to Ooni of Ife’s wife’s statement on her alleged marriage crash
- If sex parties should lead to demolishing, then Gov El-Rufaiâs sonâs house should be the first to be demolished- Reno Omokri
- ”What madness is in you?” MASSOB leader, Ralph Nwazurike, slams Governor Wike for demolishing hotels over lockdown violation (video)
- Kaduna sex party: El-Rufai’s son’s house should be demolished over ‘gang rape’ – Omokri
- Audu Maikori’s right violated by Kaduna govt , Appeal Court affirms
- Kaduna state Governor, Nasir El-Rufai goes into self-isolation after close family member and a top government official tested positive for COVID-19 (video)
- How Ex-Governor, Abdulaziz Yari Violated COVID-19 Rules At Airport, FAAN Reacts