The Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun has interrogated the Ogun State Commissioner for Environment, Abiodun Abudu-Balogun, who was accused of sexual harassment by a teenager, Barakat Melojuekun.
DAILY POST learnt that Abudu-Balogun was grilled by the Police Commissioner himself after the case was transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department.
Recall that the 16-year-old Barakat Melojuekun had in a viral video alleged that Abudu-Balogun sexually harassed her by forcefully touching her breasts, caressing her and saying some incantations with an attempt to place his hand on her head.
Though Abudu-Balogun debunked the allegations, describing it as political blackmail, it did not stop Governor Dapo Abiodun from suspending him to allow for a thorough police investigation.
While giving update on a Family FM Abeokuta programme monitored by DAILY POST on Wednesday, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi hinted that the police has concluded its investigation.
According to Oyeyemi, the CP, Ajogun took charge of the investigation as he personally questioned the accused Commissioner, the 16-year-old accuser and Lasisi Saheed, the uncle that took her to Abudu-Balogun’s house.
In his words, Oyeyemi explained that the command has submitted its report to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP).
“We (The police) have concluded our investigation and we have forwarded our report to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) to know the next step.
“According to the nature of the case, we will conclude our investigation and forward the report to the DPP. It is the DPP that will now advise us on what the accused will be charged for. We are waiting for the advice from the DPP.
“You will remember that the girl and her father made efforts to withdraw the case. But the police did not agree to that. The case is no more their own. It is now between the Commissioner of Police and the accused. That’s why we continued with this case to get to the root of the matter.
“We have done all that is necessary in our investigation. In fact, it was the CP himself that interrogated the accused person, the accuser and her uncle that took her to the house of the Commissioner for Environment,” Oyeyemi explained.
Asked, the PPRO refused to give details of what was in the report forwarded to the DPP by the police.
“Everybody will see the outcome of our investigation by the time the DPP sends its recommendations,” he quipped.
- Inter Allies sign former Asante Kotoko forward Richard ArthurIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 22, 2021Ghana Premier League side, Inter Allies, have completed the signing of former Asante Kotoko striker, Richard Arthur, to strengthen their attacking ...[Read more]
- Twitter removes Nengi’s verification badge, Ninjas reactIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 22, 2021The popular microblogging platform, Twitter has taken back its verification badge on the account of the reality star, Nengi Hampson. The ex-beauty ...[Read more]
- Bobrisky to spend N532million on his 30th birthdayIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 22, 2021Nigerian crossdresser, Bobrisky has revealed that he would spend a whooping N532million on three gifts for himself on his 30th birthday. The ...[Read more]
- Bauchi Governor signs $70m MoU with UK-based firm on provision of electricityIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- Why I invited PDP Governor to commission projects in Jigawa – Gov BadaruIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- COVID-19: Africa’s cases surpass 3.3m as death toll hits 82,000In COVID-19, NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- BREAKING: Oyo: Makinde orders Police to arrest Sunday Igboho, others over Fulani quit noticeIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has ordered the Police to arrest Sunday Igboho and others causing tension in the state. On Friday, Igboho went to ...[Read more]
- Romance or disrespect? Woman’s photo of man with his leg on her thigh on first date sparks debateIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021A woman took to Twitter to share a photo of a man with his feet on her thigh on their first date. She captioned the photo: “How I go on a first ...[Read more]
- Brooklyn rapper Sheff G allegedly busted with loaded gun during traffic stopIn USAJanuary 22, 2021A Brooklyn rapper was allegedly busted with a loaded .45-caliber handgun after being stopped for an illegal u-turn, The Post has learned. The rapper, ...[Read more]
- Blasphemy: Death Sentence Of Kano Singer Overturned By The CourtIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021