Gov. Seyi Makinde of Oyo State says the shortage of reagents is delaying the processing of COVID-19 tests.
Makinde said on Wednesday that this had caused a backlog of 300 out of 775 samples collected.
The governor revealed this via his official Twitter handle @seyiamakinde.
He apologised to those waiting for the test results and appealed to them to exercise patience while the state government ramped up efforts to source for the chemical required for the process.
“Due to a shortage of reagents required to process COVID-19 tests, we currently have a number of pending results. Of the 775 samples collected so far, 300 are awaiting results.
“We are already in the process of acquiring more reagents in the shortest possible time to enable us clear the backlog. We appeal for patience from those awaiting results.
“Meanwhile, we will continue conducting tests at the drive-through/walk-through testing centre at Adamasingba Stadium,” he tweeted.
Makinde also said that the state government was also on course to opening up testing centres in other areas for the much-needed coronavirus mass testing.
“Also, in a bid to continue ramping up testing, from next week, we will be moving to other zones in the state to conduct tests.
” Details of the schedule will be provided in due course.
“We are grateful to IHS Towers for the donation of an ambulance to the state government.
”We also thank all individuals and corporate organisations that have continued to donate in cash and kind to government’s effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” he said.
Recall that a total of 21 COVID-19 cases had been reported in the state since the first case was recorded on March 21.
- Nalerigu Nurses Training College Entertainment Prefect arrested over twerking competition for 1st yearsIn Ghana, NewsMarch 2, 2021Information gathered by MyNewsGh.com indicates that Entertainment Prefect for the Nalerigu Nurses Training College. MyNewsGh.com on Monday March 1 ...[Read more]
- Stop your childish behavior and needless beefs -Ernest Opoku tackles Brother SammyIn Entertainment, GhanaMarch 2, 2021Multiple Award-winning Ghanaian Gospel musician Ernest Opoku Jnr has advised his colleague Gospel Artiste Brother Sammy to be matured considering the ...[Read more]
- NDC members attack their MPs for ‘passing’ Kan Dapaah, Dery and othersIn Ghana, NewsMarch 2, 2021National Democratic Congress (NDC) Members of Parliament (MP) on the appointments committee have come under attack for passing some ministerial ...[Read more]
- Look at people who eat dog and donkey meat closely and see if they’re ‘correct’ – Rev. Eastwood asksIn Ghana, NewsMarch 2, 2021Founder and leader of the Eastwood Anaba Ministries has described people who eat dog meat as people who are not ‘correct’. According to him, every ...[Read more]
- Michigan woman says her soda addiction caused her to lose all her top teethIn LifestyleMarch 2, 2021A Michigan woman says she lost all of her top teeth — thanks in part to her decade-long soda addiction. Victoria Irene Nowakowski has warned others ...[Read more]
- Two straphangers slashed during dispute on NYC subway: copsIn USAMarch 2, 2021A man slashed two straphangers during a squabble on a train in Manhattan early Tuesday, cops said. The two 42-year-old victims — at least one ...[Read more]
- Osama bin Laden’s son is an avid painter of AmericanaIn LifestyleMarch 2, 2021Omar bin Laden, the eldest of Osama bin Laden’s four sons, loves to paint Americana. In a rare interview, Omar, 39, told Vice that classic Western ...[Read more]
- Social Media Is Putting Youths Under Pressure To Look Like They Are Achieving – Yul EdochieIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 2, 2021Nollywood actor Yul Edochie has shared his thoughts on how social media puts young people under a lot of pressure. The actor in a post shared on his ...[Read more]
- Police arrest father for raping daughter in OsunIn Local NewsMarch 2, 2021The Police in Osun State has arrested a man identified as Kazeem Olapade for allegedly having carnal knowledge of his 13-year-old biological ...[Read more]
- Nigeria Army Headquarters Gutted By FireIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsMarch 2, 2021According to reports, there’s been a fire outbreak at the Nigeria Army Headquarters complex in Abuja earlier today, March 2, 2021. Confirming the ...[Read more]