Six Almajiris deported from Kano State have tested positive for Coronavirus in Bauchi state.
Chairman, Bauchi State Primary Health Care Development Agency, Dr. Rilwan Mohammed, confirmed this on Saturday while addressing reporters in the state.
Mohammed said the six Almajiris from Kano State are among the ten new cases recorded in the state.
The Kano State Government had sent many Almajiris back to their state of origin as part of measures to curb the spread of COVID-19.
“Six more Almajiri children that were returned from Kano State are among the positive results we got.
“There are seven Almajiris that are now positive (for COVID-19) out of the 38 brought in from Kano and they are in isolation at the General Hassan Katsina Unity College, Yelwa.”
- Sixteen Almajiris sent to Jigawa from Kano test positive for coronavirus
- COVID-19: 14 more almajiris repatriated from Kano test positive in Kaduna
- COVID-19: 193 Almajiris test positive in Kano State as repatriation continues
- COVID-19: 16 almajiris from Kano test positive in Jigawa
- 193 Almajiris test positive for COVID-19 in Kano
- 122 Almajiris test positive for Coronavirus in Jigawa â Governor Badaru
- Four doctors, 18 nurses, others test positive in Bauchi, Kano
- Kaduna: El-Rufai govt confirms 15 more Almajiris test positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: 16 out of 45 Almajiris returned to Jigawa test positive
- COVID-19: Two health workers, 42 almajiris test positive in Jigawa