Member of Parliament (MP) South Dayi Rockson-Nelson Este Kwami Dafeamekpor has recounted his sad experience of being tased with a high voltage device by the armed soldiers who stormed the chamber of parliament during the election of the Speaker.
He disclosed on Accra-based Okay FM monitored by MyNewsGh.com that he suddenly became dizzy and had to be carried to his seat by colleagues who say that he became unstable and could have easily fallen off.
According to him, he led the National Democratic Congress (NDC) caucus to resist the invasion of the armed soldiers into the chamber of house and in the process was tased by one of them.
“I was the one dressed in a suit with a bow tie asking the soldiers to leave the chamber but one of them used their stun gun to tase me. I nearly died and had to be carried to my seat by one of my colleagues who saw that I was dizzy”, he revealed.
The lawmaker added that for two hours he sat on his seat, he could not move any part of his body as a result which informed why he was no longer seen in action like some of his colleagues.
“For close to two hours I was paralyzed that is how come you were not seeing me in full swing at the latter part of the happenings. I had worked seriously earlier. Two of them later beat up Member of Parliament (MP) for Sagnarigu Alhaji A.B.A Fuseini. You can call him and challenge him”, he dared host.
He indicated that the soldiers claimed they were acting on orders from above and that they were instructed to shoot and kill and as a result were hit with the butts of their guns as the NDC lawmakers resisted their presence.
- Man Utd vs Liverpool: Mark Hughes predicts FA Cup clashIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021
- Man United vs Liverpool: Michael Owen predicts FA Cup clashIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021
- Ogun: Two men arrested, beaten for alleged robbery in Abeokuta [VIDEO]In Local NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Commissioner, Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Kaduna State, Mr. Samuel Aruwan says bandits killed four persons in Chikun local ...[Read more]
- FA Cup: Alan Smith blasts two Arsenal players after 1-0 defeat to SouthamptonIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021
- Herdsmen quit notice: What Buhari govt should do over Sunday Igboho’s order – Ismalic groupIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has called on the federal government to engage in dialogue and consultation over the crisis between Yoruba youths ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 1,633 new infections, additional deaths in NigeriaIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 24, 2021
- Buhari shuns Nigerians’ calls, demands ECOWAS restructuringIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021
- Youths Waste Much Energy on Irrelevant Issues – Yul EdochieIn EntertainmentJanuary 24, 2021Youths Waste Much Energy on Irrelevant Issues – Yul Edochie. The most handsome actor Yul Edochie in the Nollywood world, has recently called out ...[Read more]
- No more herdsmen – Sunday Igboho faces soldiers, policemen [Video]In NewsJanuary 24, 2021
- Ondo Truck Accident: Varsity breaks silence over students’ death, postpones examsIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021The management of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, AAUA, has expressed shock over the fatal accident that occurred in Akungba-Akoko, Akoko ...[Read more]