A top South Korean official on Sunday said Kim Jong Un did not have surgery or any other medical procedure after a video of his first public appearance in weeks shows the North Korean leader with a strange mark on his wrist, according to a report.
A senior South Korean presidential official told reporters that the government determined that Kim did not have surgery, the Associated Press reported, noting that the presidential Blue House refused to provide how the intelligence assessment was made.
North Korea state media said the rotund leader attended the completion of a fertilizer factory near Pyongyang on Friday and released a video Saturday showing Kim cutting a red ribbon – his first public appearance in about 20 days.
The video also showed Kim with a mysterious mark on his wrist that some speculated might be a scar from a recent cardiovascular procedure.
Kim missed the commemoration of his late grandfather and North Korea’s founder Kim Il Sung on April 15 and North Korea has not explained his absence – an event he hasn’t missed since taking power in 2011 after his father Kim Jong Il’s death.
- Owner of illegal Queens nightclub fights with deputies during raidIn USAJanuary 25, 2021The owner of an illegal Queens nightclub was arrested after scuffling with deputies conducting an early Sunday morning raid, authorities said. About ...[Read more]
- Shock As Veteran Nollywood Actor, Dan Nkoloagu Dies At 83In Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 25, 2021Veteran Nollywood actor, Dan Nkoloagu has died. Nollywood was thrown into mourning following the demise of one of it own; Dan ...[Read more]
- “I ‘Died’ Three Times And Later Went Blind For Six Months” – Nollywood Actress, Maryann ApolloIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 25, 2021In a recent interview, Nollywood actress, Maryann Apollo, has explained what changed her life around. Maryann Apollo revealed why she became a born ...[Read more]
- NYC set to get another ‘paltry’ amount of COVID-19 doses this weekIn USAJanuary 24, 2021New York City is expected to receive another “paltry” 100,000 new doses of the COVID-19 vaccine Tuesday — a fraction of what is needed, officials ...[Read more]
- Tensions emerge between Gov. Cuomo and Chuck Schumer amid pandemic, sources sayIn USAJanuary 24, 2021Democratic rule in D.C. amid the coronavirus pandemic could expose simmering tensions between New York’s two political titans — Gov. Andrew Cuomo and ...[Read more]
- HIGHLIGHTS: Bioh’s lone strike denies Kotoko chance to go top of GPL tableIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 24, 2021Second-half substitute, Samuel Bio, scored for Aduana Stars to deny Asante Kotoko the chance to go on top of the Ghana Premier League. The Porcupine ...[Read more]
- “I’m Fulani but it makes no sense for cows to be roaming the streets in 2021” Adamu Garba writesIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021Adamu Garba has given his opinion on the topic of open grazing in Nigeria. The former presidential aspirant tweeted: “I’m a Fulani man, but I ...[Read more]
- Nollywood actor Dan Nkoloagu dies at age 83In NewsJanuary 24, 2021Nollywood actor, Dan Nkoloagu has died. He passed on Friday, Jan 22, 2021, his son Dan Nkoloagu Jr. announced on Facebook. Sharing a photo of the ...[Read more]
- It’s Official! Kourtney Kardashian Is Dating Travis BarkerIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 24, 2021Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker are dating. Over the weekend, Kardashian, 41, and Barker, 45, enjoyed a trip to Palm Springs, California, where ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Sarkodie’s Lookalike Appears On TV3 Date Rush To Find LoveIn EntertainmentJanuary 24, 2021Since finding true love seems to be a herculean task for some young men and women, a bunch of them have resorted to TV3’s sort of scripted Show, ...[Read more]