Armed soldiers who stormed the chamber of parliament in the heat of confrontation between the lawmakers from both sides were prepared to shoot and kill anyone who stood their way, a of Members of Parliament(MP) has alleged.
Rockson-Nelson Este Kwami Dafeamekpor the Member of Parliament(MP) for South Dayi in the Volta Region who confronted the soldiers indicate he had an understanding from their leader they were in the chamber to conduct the polls for the lawmakers and were under the express instruction to shoot and kill anyone who objected to this directive.
“I resisted their presence and one hit me with the butt of the gun and another shocked me with a stun gun. They came in to beat us and there was no room for negotiations. The people were not ready to talk. They told us that they have been ordered to come and take the elections and conduct and that those of us who resisted must be beaten. The soldiers even told us that they have instructions from authority to shoot and kill”, he revealed on Accra-based Okay Fm monitored by MyNewsGh.com.
The private legal practitioner disclosed that their threat to shoot and kill anyone who stood their way was what provoked the members of the NDC caucus who dared them to shoot and kill all of them as was instructed by the unknown superior.
“We told them they will have to kill all of us. If you observed, when the soldiers stormed the chamber all the NPP MPs sat down…none of them was shocked as how the over 15 armed soldiers entered the chamber. They knew what they had done”, he pointed out.
- Why rich people are more likely to socially distanceIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Thanks to better health care access, job stability and a cushy home, the wealthy are socially distancing at higher rates than low-income households. ...[Read more]
- Smart collar translates dog barks into emotions, startup company saysIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Now you can find out what your dog is saying when it barks — or at least, you’ll know how it’s feeling. South Korean startup Petpuls ...[Read more]
- Wayne LaPierre says NRA is leaving ‘toxic’ New York, heading to TexasIn USAJanuary 15, 2021The National Rifle Association is shotgun-divorcing New York and hightailing it to Texas, its CEO announced Friday. The gun lobby is “breaking free ...[Read more]
- Cell is not a new thing. I have been there before and I left -James Brown claps back at BobriskyIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021James Brown has responded to Bobisky’s threat to send ”him” to jail. In an apparent response to his call-out earlier today, ...[Read more]
- Queen Elizabeth’s hot grandnephew is a royal Instagram thirst trapIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Hubba-hubba-ding-ding, Queen Elizabeth’s grandnephew is being crowned the hottest new workout king. Although he’s 26th in line to the British ...[Read more]
- ”Na for inside cell you go for treat that your HIV”- Bobrisky writes hours after James Brown called him out on IGIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Bobrisky has reacted to his call out by crossdresser, James Brown aka ‘They Didn’t caught me.’ Earlier this evening, James called ...[Read more]
- Feds seize tens of thousands of fake N95 masks at JFK AirportIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Federal authorities seized tens of thousands of knock-off N95 masks at JFK airport, officials said Friday. U.S. Customs and Border Protection ...[Read more]
- Cops make arrest in hammer attack of NYC subway riderIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Cops have collared a suspect in the hammer attack of a straphanger in a Manhattan subway station, police said. Jose Moreno, 47, was arrested Friday ...[Read more]
- Workaholics at a greater risk of depression, study findsIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021If you are a workaholic, depression or a lack of sleep could be in the offing, according to a new study. The International Journal of ...[Read more]
- Video captures man smashing MTA bus windshield with scooterIn USAJanuary 15, 2021A man smashed the front windshield of a Bronx MTA bus with a scooter, new video released by police shows. Video released late Thursday shows ...[Read more]