It is emerging that Stanbic Bank Limited was indeed not complicit in the infamous Tamale Medical Stores Fraud running into several thousands of Ghana Cedis.
Details coupled with documents available to MyNewsGh.com, suggest that suspect Danyagiri Mark opened the account with the name, Danyagiri Veterinary (DV) Drug Procurement Account and also provided the bank with details from the Registrar General’s Department as required by the Bank of Ghana(BoG) Regulations.
It was also uncovered during investigations that the issuing Bank which is GCB Bank Salaga Branch was per the financial regulations expected to only honour the cheque from the Salaga Hospital with accompanying payment advice which was violated.
Sources reveal that no report of wrongful withdrawal was made several weeks after the cheques were altered, paid into a different account and withdrawn.
A National Service Personnel, Danyagiri Mark is currently facing criminal prosecutions at a Tamale High Court for his alleged involvement in a massive fraud that has rocked the Tamale Medical Stores.
He faces charges of stealing, forgery and money laundering and was granted bail with two sureties to be justified by a Tamale High Court presided over His Lordship Richard Kogyapwa.
The suspect’s modus operandi was to capitalize on the weak administrative structures at the Tamale Medical Stores, thereby and stealing paid cheques or altering genuine paid cheques which he later paid into this fictitious Sunyani Branch (D.V Procurement Account) amounting to GHS163,000 to which he was the sole signatory.
Upon his arrest, he admitted to using part of the money to purchase an unregistered Toyota Corrola vehicle amounting to GHS78, 000 and some gadgets including Iphones.
- Divorced man ordered to pay back ex-wife $7,700 for houseworkIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021She really cleaned up. A Chinese divorce court has ordered a man to pay $7,700 to his ex-wife for domestic services she rendered during their ...[Read more]
- GOP House members want Cuomo to testify about COVID nursing home deathsIn USAFebruary 24, 2021Republican members of a House of Representatives committee want to subpoena Gov. Andrew Cuomo to testify about the true number of nursing home ...[Read more]
- NYPD, DOT slam proposal to shift authority over crash investigationsIn USAFebruary 24, 2021City council members want to yank crash investigations from the NYPD and put them under the authority of the Department of Transportation — but both ...[Read more]
- Two more mass COVID-19 vaccination sites open in NYCIn USAFebruary 24, 2021Two more mass COVID-19 vaccination sites opened in New York City Wednesday — promising to deliver more doses than any other in the Big Apple. The ...[Read more]
- Sweet’N Low magnate Donald Tober left wife $30M fortune, will showsIn USAFebruary 24, 2021Sweet’N Low magnate Donald Tober, who committed suicide in Manhattan last month, left his wife a $30 million fortune, new court paper show. The ...[Read more]
- ‘Go somewhere else’: Florida officials crack down on spring break amid COVID pandemicIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021Florida officials are cracking down on spring-breakers hoping to flee to the state’s beaches amid the pandemic. New restrictions ...[Read more]
- Ayisha Modi – The Barking B*tch Capable Of Fighting With Her Own ShadowIn EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021By the close of this year, barking b*tch, Ayisha Modi is likely to fight everyone in the entertainment industry. She is even likely to fight with ...[Read more]
- “If Bobrisky Is Beautiful, Let Her Come Out Without Makeup” – Nigerian Transgender, Michelle Page Challenges Bobrisky To A Beauty ContestIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021Nigerian transgender, Michelle Page has released a video daring Bobrisky to come out without makeup and filter. Michelle said in a video released to ...[Read more]
- Philadelphia airport offers robot food delivery to travelersIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021The future is now – at least at the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). On Monday, the airport launched a robotic food delivery ...[Read more]
- VIDEOS: Kwadwo Safo Jnr’s 35th Car-themed Birthday Cake Is Just Like One Of Their Needless Sophisticated CarsIn EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021The Chief Executive Officer of Kantanka Automobile, Kwadwo Safo Jnr is celebrating his 35th birthday today, February 24, 2021, and to our shock, his ...[Read more]