The Clone War is over.
The animated television show that started back in 2008 is set to end May 4th — or as some Star Wars fans call it, Star Wars Day.
Set between Episode II and Episode III, the animated television show started as a reboot of the 2003 show of the same title. It follows the galaxy-wide conflict between the Galatic Republic and its Jedi protectors and the Separatist Alliance.
“I like to have some kind of end goal in sight, and frankly, it’s where the story has to end,” executive producer Dave Filoni told CNN.
“You get to see some events you know really well from a different point of view.”
By focusing on an undeveloped time period in the Star Wars universe, Filoni managed to create a series that fans new and old could really enjoy. First airing on Cartoon Network, the show was canceled when George Lucas sold the franchise to Disney in 2012.
In the summer of 2018, Disney announced it would all six seasons available for streaming as well as create twelve new episodes to round off the series. Many fans were excited by the news as it would tie the Prequel Trilogy up nicely.
The season primarily focused on Ahsoka Tano (voiced by Ashley Eckstein), the failed apprentice of Anakin Skywalker, and her journey after leaving the Jedi Order.
It also gives fans the return of Darth Maul (voiced by Sam Witwer), who survived his supposed death in “The Phantom Menace.”
And it also highlights a few moments from “Revenge of the Sith,” culminating in the infamous “Order 66” which the evil Chancellor Palpatine uses to eradicate the Jedi Order.
While Ahsoka does live to fight another day, as rumors continue to swirl about Rosario Dawson playing the ex-jedi in season two of “The Mandalorian,” it is unclear how. Only time will tell.
The final episode of “The Clone Wars” will air Monday, May 4th on Disney+.
- Why Are Darth Vader’s Eyes Visible At The End of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’?
- Morai Appeared at The End of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ To Center The Story Back On Ahsoka
- ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Spinoff ‘The Bad Batch’ Coming to Disney+
- Ahsoka and Maul Were Both Playing Each Other in ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’
- Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano’s Finale Scene Truly Symbolized Their Bond in ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’
- ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ and ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Have a Small Connection, Thanks To Dave Filoni
- Fans Found a ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Fave in The New ‘Star Wars: Squadrons’ Game Trailer
- Chidinma Ojukwu Confesses To Tying Super TV’s CEO Before Killing Him While Trying To Steal
- ‘Star Wars: The Mandalorian’ Creator Jon Favreau Revealed Why The TV Series Is More Loved Than the Sequel Trilogy
- ‘Star Wars’ animated series ‘The Bad Batch’ coming to Disney+