China has hit back at the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, for claiming that the coronavirus originated in a lab in Wuhan.
Accorinding to daily post report, Pompeo speaking on Sunday, insisted there was “enormous evidence” to show that the new coronavirus originated in a lab in China.
However, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Hua Chunying, warned Pompeo to leave the matter to scientists.
“I think this matter should be handed to scientists and medical professionals, and not politicians, who lie for their domestic political ends.
“Mr. Pompeo repeatedly spoke up but he cannot present any evidence.
How can he? Because he doesn’t have any,” Chunying told a press briefing.
Most scientists believe the new virus, which emerged in China late last year, jumped from animals to humans, possibly from a market in Wuhan selling exotic animals for meat.
The World Health Organisation said the US claims were “speculative”.
- COVID-19: You have no evidence we created virus – China hits back at US govt
- ‘God Created Only Adam And Eve, The Rest Of Us Were ‘Created By Humans’ – Bibi Bright Ripples Christianity
- “You Are The Ones Viewing My Posts With Jealousy”- Kolawole Ajeyemi Replies Critics Accusing Him Of Always Showing Off
- “Stop accusing me of calling you” – Wumi Toriola gets in ‘trouble’ with fan while trying to help the fan
- See the new animation created and published by China mocking the US’ response to Coronavirus pandemic (Photos/Video)
- US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo says there is ‘enormous evidence’ that the Coronavirus originated in Wuhan laboratory in China
- I don’t have details of 3.8 million jobs NPP govt created – Employment Minister swears to Parliament
- ”You Betrayed My Loyalty, Service And Respect To You”- Japheth Omojuwa Reacts To Oby Ezekwesili’s Letter Accusing Him of Using Her As A Director Of His Company Without Her Consent
- It’s painful those who looted NDDC now accusing Buhari govt of graft ― Lai Mohamed
- The world may have to live with Coronavirus for years to come: Top scientist warns vaccine may never be created and lockdowns could become the norm