Nigerian singer, Harrysong has pleaded with President Buhari to stop borrowing money from other countries.
The singer advised Buhari to invest in the education of the country’s citizens instead.
He took to his Instagram page to advice Buhari after he heard that Buhari’s request for N850 billion loan was approved by the Senate.
He wrote: “Buhari invest in education, it’s never too late. Start paying students. We need brains to sustain this country’s economy. And please stop borrowing from other countries ooooooooo I dey shake”.
Earlier on, The plenary session presided over by Senate President Ahmed Lawan which sat on Tuesday April 28, granted the President’s request for a loan of N850 billion.
It would be noted that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Tuesday evening also approved the sum of $3.4 billion dollars as emergency support to combat the harsh economic effects of COVID-19 Pandemic.
The loan is the highest amount approved for an African nation and represents the total special drawing rights Nigeria holds with the IMF.
- Buhari stop borrowing money from other countries – Harrysong
- Invest In Education, Stop Borrowing From Other Countries: Harrysong Tells Buhari
- “We enjoy borrowing money from China” So It is good to borrow Money from them – Amaechi (video)
- You’re worsening Nigeria’s problems, stop borrowing – CNPP tells Buhari
- Stop Borrowing, Slash Number Of Presidential Appointees, PDP Tells Buhari
- Secondus to PDP Senators: If we continue borrowing,Nigeria ‘ll stop breathing
- Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN