The Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19 has urged Nigerians to sit at home, except they have “compelling reasons to go out”.
This comes amid the chaotic scenes around Lagos, Abuja and Ogun States, as the lockdown was eased from Monday.
The three states have been in total lockdown for the past five weeks, as the federal government sought to curb the spread of Coronavirus.
However, Boss Mustapha, who is the Chairman of PTF, has urged citizens to play their part to help the government.
“Let me remind you, once more, that this easing up is in phases and those who are permitted to open have clearly been defined.
“Our admonition to Nigerians is that it is still desirable to stay at home if there is no compelling reason to go out and to comply with the measures always, whether at home or not,” Mustapha said during Monday’s daily briefing.
Mustapha also expressed worry over the deportation of Almajiris from one state to the other.
He said the taskforce would engage state governors to put a stop on it for now.
“There has been very noticeable relocation of Almajiris from one state to another, up until yesterday. With the ban on interstate movement, the continuation of this exercise will not be in alignment with the guidelines issued. The PTF shall engage with the respective State Governments on how to achieve their objectives,” Mustapha added.
- COVID-19: “We don’t want to see Alamajiris close to our land” – IPOB warns Northern Nigeria
- COVID-19: Infected Alamajiris from Kano are being dispatched to Our Land – Kanu’s Brother Raise Alarm
- Oduduwa, Biafra Citizens Won’t Be Valued Like Nigerian Citizens—Obasanjo Warns Secessionists, Agitators
- Oduduwa, Biafra Citizens Won’t Be Valued Like Nigerian Citizens—Obasanjo Warns Secessionists
- Leave Fulani alone, stop endangering lives of Yorubas – Islamic group warns Amotekun
- BBNaija: “Leave me alone; stop making it look like everything is always about you” – Nengi warns Ozo
- BBNaija: “Stop killing the vibes, leave Nengi alone” – Neo warns Ozo
- #BBNaija 2022: “Stop killing the vibes, leave Nengi alone” – Neo warns Ozo
- Leave Nnamdi Kanu Alone, Go and Fight Herdsmen Terrorising Our Land – Group Tells Ohanaeze
- CAMA: Leave Oyedepo, Adeboye alone or Nigeria is doomed – Abioye warns Buhari govt