A US-based Law Professor, Kwaku Asare has called on University Dons to focus on solving society’s problems and not on the dressing of University ladies.
A Ghanaian public University, the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) has issued stern directives to female students against “showing skins” by wearing dresses on campus that the Vice Chancellor says goes against the University rules.
He has therefore cautioned female students who wear indecent outfits, especially when attending lecturers to desist from it. He ordered lecturers of the University to throw out female students who come to class indecently dressed.
The Vice-Chancellor of the university, Professor Abednego F. O. Amartey said he had earlier warned the students and they appeared to be complying but have suddenly started wearing it again.
“I have noticed that some of you have started wearing short skirts all over the place. The UPSA is a professional institution and we dress very well. We have directed lecturers that if you dress in an inappropriate manner, they should remove you from the lecture halls.
But reacting to the story, the man who is popularly known as Kwaku Azar said in a post on Facebook that “
The last time it was the President of the GBA. Now it is the VC of UPSA issuing a stern directive to female students to desist from wearing “indecent” outfits” or dresses that “show skins.”The VC has also “ordered lecturers of the University to throw out female students who come to class indecently dressed.”Why are we turning lecturers into dress inspectors? Why this obsession with what girls choose to wear?Let us address real problems and stop this dress inspection business.#SALL, not the dress worn by girls, is the cardinal sin of the 8th Parliament. Da Yie!”
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ Ayeh Offei-Akoto/2021
- Banditry: Kidnapping Children From Schools Is A Lesser Evil To Ransacking Towns – Sheik GumiIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Previous article8 Nigerian Artiste Who Have Dedicated Songs To Their Partners...[Read more]
- NDLEA nabs man with two human heads in OndoIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021
- Osun: Amotekun apprehends Alfa for allegedly stealing ramsIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021
- In oil-rich Iraq, a few women buck norms, take rig site jobsIn LifestyleMarch 1, 2021BASRA, Iraq — It’s nearly dawn and Zainab Amjad has been up all night working on an oil rig in southern Iraq. She lowers a sensor into the black ...[Read more]
- 8 Nigerian Artiste Who Have Dedicated Songs To Their PartnersIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021A great way to evoke a person’s emotion is through songs and it is also one of the most beautiful ways to express your thoughts, emotions, and ...[Read more]
- “I’ll finish Naira Marley’s money with only shopping, he can’t afford me” – Cross dresser, GoldtifulIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Nigerian Cross dresser, Goldtiful has shared a video of himself vibing to the lyrics of the Naira Marley‘s Koleyewon hit track, while addressing the ...[Read more]
- Suspected hoodlums burn down police station in Akwa IbomIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021
- Tonto Dikeh unveils her ambassadorial skincare product ‘Klleral Clear Body Lotion’In NewsMarch 1, 2021Nollywood Star Actress and frontline Philanthropist Tonto Dikeh is the face of the ultra-new Klleral Clear Body Lotion, the latest in a long line of ...[Read more]
- “If you can’t give when you have N1,000, you won’t give when you have N1million” – Actress, Kate HenshawIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Veteran Nollywood actor, Kate Henshaw has issued out some words of advice as regards generosity among individuals. Kate Henshaw in a recent tweet has ...[Read more]
- Lady who finally gets married to a man she slept with on her first date dishes advise to other women.In Viral NewsMarch 1, 2021Contrary to public opinion about first dates and sex, a lady has gone on Twitter to dish advise to other young women who has denied men sex on their ...[Read more]