In 2020, the world was struck with an unforeseen, unprecedented pandemic “COVID 19”. Its effects were drastic, lives were lost. The only solution at that point came at a cost, businesses had to shut down, employees were left jobless, many were left to fend for themselves and their families as they couldn’t step out of their homes for the fear of contracting this virus. But eventually Something had to be done, the citizens had to be taken care of, small businesses who couldn’t bear the effects of this pandemic had to be catered for.
With all these in mind, the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Investment created the Survival Fund to help small and medium enterprises survive the ripple effects of COVID 19 on their business which was an initiative of the Special Advisor to the Vice President on Small and Medium Enterprises in Nigeria, Mr. Tola Adekunle.
Since the commencement of the project till date, over N10 Billion has been given out as Survival Funds to various business owners and artisans. The survival fund program included payroll support, guaranteed off-take, MSME grants, Free CAC registration and so much more across 24 states in Nigeria. 238,868 individual beneficiaries employed by 41,726 MSMEs across the country have benefited from the Payroll Support Scheme, and the number keeps going up as the program is still ongoing.
This program cuts across various sectors such as hospitality, transportation, health and so much more, this has successfully reduced the effects of COVID 19 on so many businesses across Nigeria.
If there’s anything the government has done right, this is one to be counted and the people are grateful for it.
- Elderly NYC couple gets COVID-19 vaccine after plea to de BlasioIn USAJanuary 15, 2021They finally got their shot. An 89-year-old Manhattan woman who made a heartbreaking public plea to Mayor Bill de Blasio last week to get the ...[Read more]
- Off-duty NYPD cop who shot wife’s trainer had history of misconduct, suit claimsIn USAJanuary 15, 2021The trainer who was allegedly shot by off-duty NYPD Sergeant Justin Ellis has sued him and the NYPD claiming the cop had a history of misconduct, new ...[Read more]
- Crash with police car sends SUV careening into Long Island homeIn USAJanuary 15, 2021A police car crash sent an SUV careening into a Long Island house — setting both on fire, police said. The SUV collided with the Suffolk County ...[Read more]
- Cuomo: De Blasio, NYPD owe New Yorkers apology over handling of protestsIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Mayor Bill de Blasio and the city’s police officials need to apologize to New Yorkers over charges they violated the civil ...[Read more]
- Capitol rioter from upstate NY smoked ‘victory’ cigar during siege, feds sayIn USAJanuary 15, 2021A reported former US Marine from upstate New York fired up a “victory” cigar after breaking into the US Capitol last week — and was part of a ...[Read more]
- Why rich people are more likely to socially distanceIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Thanks to better health care access, job stability and a cushy home, the wealthy are socially distancing at higher rates than low-income households. ...[Read more]
- Smart collar translates dog barks into emotions, startup company saysIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Now you can find out what your dog is saying when it barks — or at least, you’ll know how it’s feeling. South Korean startup Petpuls ...[Read more]
- Wayne LaPierre says NRA is leaving ‘toxic’ New York, heading to TexasIn USAJanuary 15, 2021The National Rifle Association is shotgun-divorcing New York and hightailing it to Texas, its CEO announced Friday. The gun lobby is “breaking free ...[Read more]
- Cell is not a new thing. I have been there before and I left -James Brown claps back at BobriskyIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021James Brown has responded to Bobisky’s threat to send ”him” to jail. In an apparent response to his call-out earlier today, ...[Read more]
- Queen Elizabeth’s hot grandnephew is a royal Instagram thirst trapIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Hubba-hubba-ding-ding, Queen Elizabeth’s grandnephew is being crowned the hottest new workout king. Although he’s 26th in line to the British ...[Read more]