A 21- year-old boy identified as Oluwatosin Thomas was on Wednesday night shot allegedly dead by a suspected Amotekun officer.
An eyewitness told The Nation that the shooting occurred in Inalade area of Oyo state just after the deceased left his house to buy bread in Mokola. The eyewitness claimed operatives of the corps stormed the community, shooting sporadically.
Thomas was hit by stray bullet and was seen on the ground in the pool of his blood after the shooting stopped.
Mother of the victim, Mrs. Thomas said she ran to the spot as soon as she received the news, challenging the officers on why her son was shot. She also alleged the operatives assaulted and threatened to kill her alongside a brother of the deceased.
Mrs. Thomas further disclosed that during her struggle to ensure she got hold of one of the operatives who allegedly shot his son, she tore the uniform of one of the officers before the vehicle with number 012 drove off, leaving the boy in the pool of his blood.
Amotekun Commandant Col. Olayinka Olayanju (rtd.) who disclosed that they got report of the shooting, said he has started investigating as soon as he got wind of the development.
Olayanju said he invited leaders of the Corps in the area for proper briefing to ascertain the claims, and also find out the true situation of what transpired.
- COVID-19: LASU shuts hostels as three students test positiveIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Ohanaeze youths warns CAN against dabbling into politics, advises ObiozorIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Lagos records 13 new COVID-19 related deathsIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- COVID-19: Obese persons have higher risk of complication – Expert warnsIn COVID-19, Health, NewsJanuary 15, 2021A gynaecologist, Dr Jen Gunter, has advised women against shaving their pubic hair. Gunter, who is author of The Vagina Bible, warned women against ...[Read more]
- FIRS staff union demands motivation for revenue generationIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Members of the Nigeria Civil Service Union (NCSU), Federal Inland Revenue Service unit have urged the management of the agency to motivate its staff ...[Read more]
- Person fatally jumps from Upper East Side apartment buildingIn USAJanuary 15, 2021A person fatally jumped from a luxury apartment building on the Upper East Side early Friday, authorities said. The victim plunged from the ...[Read more]
- Bruno Fernandes breaks all-time Premier League recordIn Premier League, SportsJanuary 15, 2021Manchester United midfielder, Bruno Fernandes, has become the first player ever to clinch the Premier League Player of the Month award four times in ...[Read more]
- NPP MPs went to the chamber at 4am to prove they’re ‘very punctual’ – Afenyo MarkinIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Deputy Leader of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) caucus in Parliament Afenyo Markin has said that his colleagues went to Parliament as early as 3am ...[Read more]
- PHOTO: See new looks of Dr Papa Kwesi Nduom of GN BankIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 15, 2021Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom who is credited with Group Nduom and other companies in Ghana has for some time now been out of the public eye. The Man has ...[Read more]
- Our MP is not an Ivorian – Jomoro NDC responds to dual citizen claimsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Jomoro Constituency has rubbished the malicious publications that its Member of Parliament (MP) Dorcas ...[Read more]