The Katsina state police command has arrested the duo of Kabiru Bashir, 27, and Sadiq Ashiru, 30, pictured above, both of Danbatta LGA of Kano state, who specialize in defrauding unsuspecting members of the public through phone calls posing as spirits (ALJANU).
A statement released by the spokesperson of the state police command, Gambo Isah, said nemesis caught up with the suspects when they stole the ATM card of a lady identified as Rabi’atu Garba of Mani LGA of Katsina state.
”The suspects started calling her that they are spirits (AlJanu) and asked her to avail them with her ATM card PIN number. The suspects deceitfully told her that they are about to bless her by sending one million naira to her account and directed her to go to her bank, UBA branch in Katsina and update her account. She became suspicious and reported the matter at the Central Police Station, (CPS) Katsina. In the course of investigation, the suspects were trailed and arrested.”the statement read
Isah said the suspects confessed to committing the offence and stated that they have defrauded several unsuspecting persons in the state through the same modus operandi.
He said one white Honda Ham pane, with Chassis No. JHMGD173025215012, NSCDC ID card bearing one Kabiru Bashir, two (2) ATM cards, four (4) GSM handsets and the sum of one hundred and twenty-six (N126, 000:00K) were recovered from the suspects.
Isah said they will be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.
- Two suspected bandits arrested in KadunaIn Local NewsJanuary 22, 2021A taxi driver, one Tunde Bello, is currently cooling off his heels in the police cell for allegedly kidnapping and raping a 29-year-old lady in Ogun ...[Read more]
- AU faces unprecedented outrage ahead of chairmanship election in EthiopiaIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Ahead of its February 7 election scheduled to hold in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, the African Union Commission, AUC, is currently facing unprecedented ...[Read more]
- BREAKING: FG finally confirms Madu as NSCDC Commandant GeneralIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Ahead of its February 7 election scheduled to hold in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, the African Union Commission, AUC, is currently facing unprecedented ...[Read more]
- American Airlines launches ‘at-home wine experience’ with unused boozeIn LifestyleJanuary 22, 2021Preview in new tab(opens in a new tab) Airlines and pandemics do not pair well, but booze and quarantine do. COVID-19 has crushed the travel industry ...[Read more]
- Family mourns victim of Brooklyn handyman serial killerIn USAJanuary 22, 2021The 83-year-old woman allegedly murdered by the Brooklyn handyman serial killer two years ago was a grandmother and great-grandmother — considered ...[Read more]
- I’m a beauty queen and fascinated with Ted BundyIn LifestyleJanuary 22, 2021This beauty queen thinks she’s got what it takes to snatch the title of world’s sexiest serial killer. Kanika Batra, a 26-year-old Australian pageant ...[Read more]
- Inter Allies sign former Asante Kotoko forward Richard ArthurIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 22, 2021Ghana Premier League side, Inter Allies, have completed the signing of former Asante Kotoko striker, Richard Arthur, to strengthen their attacking ...[Read more]
- German scientists make paralyzed mice walk againIn LifestyleJanuary 22, 2021German researchers have enabled mice paralyzed after spinal cord injuries to walk again, re-establishing a neural link hitherto considered ...[Read more]
- Twitter removes Nengi’s verification badge, Ninjas reactIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 22, 2021The popular microblogging platform, Twitter has taken back its verification badge on the account of the reality star, Nengi Hampson. The ex-beauty ...[Read more]
- Trudeau says Pfizer CEO promises more COVID vaccine coming — but challenges remainIn LifestyleJanuary 22, 2021OTTAWA – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Friday that Pfizer Inc’s Chief Executive Albert Bourla has reassured him it would supply Canada with 4 ...[Read more]