Actress Tonto Dikeh this morning took to her Instagram page to celebrate all mothers on the occasion of this year’s Mother’s day.
The mum of one particularly celebrated single mums who walked out of a deadbeat father or left an abusive partner. She expressed how proud she is of single mums who decided to prioritize their sanity and peace.
Tonto also had a word for mothers who choose to stay in bad marriages. She pointed out that that motherhood is not the symbol of suffering and that such women should stop self-sabotaging and minimizing their peace. She advised them to find the courage to leave any marriage that doesn’t serve their interests too.
”It’s Mother’s Day again — a day to salute the strength of mothers. From the inception of pregnancy — the hormonal imbalance, weird cravings, and mood swings that comes through out the gestation period. It’s not a walk in the park to be a mom. Vaginal birth is painful, CS isn’t any less painful — motherhood is indeed a sacrifice. It is something a lot of mothers don’t recover from. Child birth.
And this is why you should carry your body with confidence. Those marks are stripes of your honor, and strength.
Today I’m celebrating every single mom too. It’s hard to be a married mother in this society already, how much more single moms who have to go extra miles to provide for their children?
Single moms who are stigmatized by society; shamed and scornfully laughed at. Single moms who are seen as second class women — I celebrate you today.
In most cases, they walked out of a dead beat father; they left an abusive partner; they made the choice to prioritize their sanity and peace. I’m proud of you.
And to every mother who’s stuck in a bad marriage just because it’s expected of her. I’m here to tell you that motherhood is not the symbol of suffering. Stop self sabotaging. Stop minimizing your peace. Find the courage to leave any marriage that doesn’t serve your interests too. That time is over when we had to take anything just to be called mothers. We have broken that generational curse, and we are putting ourselves first.
Happy Mothers To Every Mother. Single or married, or widowed, you are a superhero. You collaborated with God to bring forth another human; that’s something to be endlessly proud of.
#MAMAKING #KINGY #MYACE #MYWORLD #JUICYMAN #MUMMYSDAY #BOYMUM
- That Time Is Over When We Had To Take Anything Just To Be Called Mothers – Tonto Dikeh Encourages Women
- Time Is Over When We Take Anything Just To Be Called Mothers -Tonto Dikeh Pens Heartfelt Note On Mother’s Day
- “Tonto Dikeh Is Pregnant?” – Fans React To Tonto Dikeh’s Post Showing Baby Bump
- Barely a day after fans consoled Tonto Dikeh over her ex husband’s remarriage, Tonto Dikeh drags mother
- “Most black males in prison come from single mothers” – Reno Omokri reacts to backlash for slamming single mothers
- If Your Child’s Father Decides To Start Supporting, Don’t Stop Them – Tonto Dikeh To Single Mothers
- Actress, Tonto Dikeh Empowers Vulnerable Widows And Single Mothers In Rural Communities
- “May God bless you” – Reactions as Tonto Dikeh transforms and empowers 10 single mothers and widows
- Tonto Dikeh receives praises for empowering and transforming 10 single mothers and widows (Photos/Video)
- Tonto Dikeh Receives Praises For Empowering And Transforming 10 Single Mothers And Widows