The Oscar Awards
The organizers of the Oscars, Hollywood’s highest awards ceremony, said on Tuesday that films released only on streaming platforms or video on demand would be eligible for awards in 2022.
The rule modification follows the shutdown of movie theatres due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The temporary change was announced in a statement by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
It will apply only for next year’s Oscars and will lapse when movie theatres reopen across the nation,
Previously, a movie had to be screened in a movie theatre in Los Angeles for at least seven days in order to be eligible for Oscar consideration.
- See the list of new ‘representation and inclusion’ requirements films will have to meet for Oscars Best picture eligibility
- Oscars Announce New Diversity and Inclusion Requirements for Best Picture Eligibility
- Eligibility for the 2022 Tony Awards have been announced
- Oscars Film Judge Among Among The Artists Sentenced To Jail
- Film Academy Allows Talent Agents to Vote in Oscars
- Film Academy Considering Postponing 2022 Oscars
- Oscars 2022: See the full list of nominees for the 93rd annual Academy Awards
- N40bn NDDC probe: Reps step down consideration of report
- I refused to testify against Magu out of constitutional consideration – AGF Malami
- Top Barr ally Seth DuCharme under consideration for NY US attorney job