Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu has said he embarked on massive road construction with the aim of gradually reducing the infrastructural deficit in the State.
The Governor disclosed this at the official commissioning of the Egege/Ebenma Roads in Aba North Local Government Area.
Ikpeazu said the road is strategic for trade and commerce, adding that the essence of the road constructions in Aba was to ventilate the Aba commercial city.
He reiterated the need for residents to protect the road and the drainages done for them, urging them not to allow people to destroy roads government spent money to fix.
The State helmsman who said he decided to build quality road infrastructure with rigid pavement technology as a solution to the perennial road failure, insisted that: “If we fail to deliver infrastructure that will outlive our government, we will have robbed the people.”
Commissioning the road, the Apostolic Nuncio and Head of the Vatican Diplomatic Mission to the Caribbeans, Catholic Archbishop, Most Reverend Fortunatus Nwachukwu expressed delight to be part of the epoch making event and appreciated Governor Ikpeazu for a job well done.
He urged the Governor not to relent in building more roads as he will be shaming his detractors by so doing.
Speaking, the member representing Aba North at the State House of Assembly, Hon. Aaron Uzodike and Commissioner for Works, Barrister Bob Ogu called on residents to take responsibility of defending the facilities made available for them by protecting the road. They appreciated Governor Ikpeazu for the infrastructural developments of Aba.
Earlier, the Chairman, Aba North LGA, Prince Chimehilaura Ikonne thanked the Governor for his efforts in reconstructing the Egege/Ebenma roads.
Prince Ikonne while expressing confidence that the road would stand the test of time, promised that his people would protect it.
In their speeches, the President of the Aba Chamber of Commerce, Sir Lawrence Obetta, Member Aba Landlords Association, Chief Jerry Kalu, a woman Leader in the area, Mrs Fine Alison and Geoffrey Ike-Nwateacher thanked the Governor for fixing the road.
They said if former governors had done the kind of work Governor Ikpeazu was doing, Aba would have been more developed than what it is now.
In his speech, the road Contractor, Mr. Izuchi Nwosu assured that based on the fact that the road was done with cement pavement technology, it would last for a very long time.
- EPL: Arteta gives injury updates on Partey, Smith Rowe ahead of Man Utd clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 27, 2021Odion Ighalo, on Tuesday, paid tribute to Manchester United with a farewell letter. The Nigerian striker thanked Man United management and fans ...[Read more]
- The north became NDC when Adu Boahen said give them kerosene not electricity – John Tia recalls ’92 insultsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister John Tia has revealed why people in the Northern part of Ghana always vote for the National Democratic Congress (NDC). ...[Read more]
- “Richest ashewo” – Bobrisky says while flaunting jewelry worth N12.4MIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021The most talked-about male barbie in Nigeria, Bobrisky has flaunted the worth of jewelry he wore to a date worth over N12.4m. In a recent video on ...[Read more]
- Why Ewe traditional rulers boycotted Rawlings’ funeral explained, his wife Konadu fingeredIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former National Women of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Anita Desoso says the Ewe Chiefs and family of the late former President of Ghana ...[Read more]
- Rawlings’ revolution was Ghana’s gateway to real development – Former MinisterIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister and former Member of Parliament(MP) for the Talensi Constituency in the Upper East Region, John Tia says Rawlings’ ...[Read more]
- Supreme court not a theatre for dramatic English without legal merit – Akufo-Addo’s lawyer to Mahama’s lawyerIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Member of the legal team for the second respondent in the election 2020 petition Frank Davies has chided his colleagues, Lawyers for the petitioners ...[Read more]
- Ibrahimovic apologizes for red card after clash with LukakuIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021Everton boss, Carlo Ancelotti, has said that Frank Lampard did well as Chelsea manager during his time at the West London club. Ancelotti, who was ...[Read more]
- It’s ignorance to blame ‘innocent’ Godfred Dame for SALL – Ex lecturer replies ‘all-knowing’ Franklin CudjoeIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021A former Lecturer of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Mustapha Hameed has lashed out at IMANI President Franklin ...[Read more]
- 2024 will be ‘cool chop’ for me as NDC candidate if NPP presents Bawumia – Atubiga boastsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021A member of the National Democratic Congress’ Communications team Stephen Atubiga has noted that the New Patriotic Party (NPP) must not betray Dr. ...[Read more]
- Governor AbdulRazaq repeals payment of pension to former Governors and deputies in Kwara stateIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021Governor AbdulRazaq Abdulrahman has repealed that payment of pension to former governors and their deputies in Kwara ...[Read more]